cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New columns added in SAP user inbox, but not getting displayed in Production

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have added 5 new columns in SAP user inbox using SWL1 configuration and all the columns getting displayed in Development and Quanlity invironment. but when I moved these chnages to Production one column i.e. invoice due date (column is displaying but data ) is not getting displayed to users.

Even we checked by navigating to group by taks and then for that particular task, but still date values are not displying, but in WF contaoiner we have values for invoice due date.

Can you pleae help me, as it is priority issue for me. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Santosh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe obvious thing, but you said that the the container element for due date has a value in the WF container. What about the task container? The container element should be defined in the task container. And the container element should have a value in the task container. You should check the workflow log and the corresponding work item and see if the due date has a value there in the task container.

It could be that you have transported the SWL1 settings to production, but other changes were needed too (new container element & binding between WF and task container) and these have not been transported.

Regards,

Karri

0 Kudos

Hi Karri,

Thanks for your responce.

I have not defined invoice new date in task contianer , it is already exist and value is populating in Production system.

one more point I want to mention here is that, even in Devleopment invironment wjen I configured this Due date, it did not get displayed, but after some days it is populating in development and Quality

but all the other fields added newly are being displayed correctly. Now in Quality it is perfectly working fine, but not in Production

Thanks,

Santosh.

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How did you add the due date field, as an attribute of an existing object? in which case it should be displayed immediately, or as a new container element? in which case, since the workflow has an automatic version management, it will not exist in old version of the workflow (before the transport), after a few days as more and more workitems will be created in the new version, the due date field will get populated in more and more workitems and will be visible in the dynamic columns of the users. 

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

Ensure that the user has selected the correct field in "Change Layout" option and correct container element is maintained against the task in Transaction SWL1. Sometime you can have two container elements with similar name that could lead to typo error.

Also check BADI WF_BWP_DYN_COLUMN

Check the following document.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80583929-f6ed-2b10-e7ac-b77872c42...

Regards

Sandy

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the settings in SWL1 in Production, are they the same as in QA and DEV? check the task container definitions and binding to the task.

This could also possibly be an authorization problem, but less likely since you say you can see the data in the container, maybe try to see the data with a user that has more authorizations just in case.   

mohit_bansal3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

you can try refreshing the Buffer by SWU_OBUF.

Any way, check the below the link as well,

Create Dynamic Columns - Wiki - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Mohit Bansal