cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost element assigned additionally - FI document is missing internal order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

I am facing currently an issue with missing internal order in FI document.

The issue is following:

A new asset in a newly created asset class was created. After running AFAB, the user discovered that internal order is missing in the created FI document. This happened because cost element was not created. User created cost element and reversed depreciation run with changing depreciation key to 0000 and has repeated AFAB.

What happen is, the depreciation was reversed, but now the FI document included the internal order. So the result is an FI document without internal order and a reversing FI document with internal order.

How can I fix this? Is there a possibility to add internal order in document where it's missing eventually can I delete internal order from reversing document?

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhasish and Mukthar

Thank you for reply.

Dummy is not a solution for us. I tried to change the validity date for cost element and wanted to delete the older one so correction posting without internal order would be possible for March 2015. But still requires cost object because COPS is checked for entries at all and not for date when were entries done.

Will try direct table updates, if possible.

Regards,

Anita

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

What validity have you maintained for the cost element?

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar

The cost element had a validity from 01.01.1990 to 31.12.9999, the posting was done 31st March 2015, so I maintained the validity date and got two periods

one 01.01.1990 to 30.03.2015 and

a second one from 31.03.2015 to 31.12.9999.

Because the posting was done 31.03.2015 I was hoping to be able to delete cost element with validity 01.01.1990 to 30.03.2015 so only the one with validity 31.03.2015 to 31.12.9999 would remain. And correction posting would be possible before this period without internal order. Which would work, but unfortunately the system doesn't allow me to delete first cost element because there are entries in COSP from posting which took place at 31st March 2015. So it checked the COSP table for entries at all and not for when this entries occurred.

Regards,

Anita

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

Yes, you cannot delete the cost element once it has postings even you differentiated by its validity. In this case go with dummy CC.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

Due to the depreciation account has created as cost element. So you cannot post without any cost object. In this case create a dummy cost centre and do transfer posting by manual JV as mentioned below in FB01.

Depreciation a/c Dr (with order)

Depreciation a/c Cr (with CC)

But the dummy cost centre will show balance forever.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

Here three mistake happened:

• First: GL Account is not created as cost element
  • Second: Posting the Depreciation without taking care of the first point
  • Third: Creating the GL Account as Cost Element before reversing the depreciation posting run

Now the question is how can we address this.

• First: Write to SAP by mentioning the problem and ask them if they can help with the direct table update for the order field in your original posting in FI as well CO and then you are done.

• Second: If SAP comes back saying that can not be done then you can try the following:

If we look at the entry now for this depreciation entry

FI :

• 1.First Entry (Original): Depreciation Account debit without internal order
  • 2.Second Entry (Reversal): Depreciation Account credit with internal order

CO:

• 3. First Entry (Original) : No Entry as the GL Account was not Cost Element
  • 4. Second Entry (Reversal): Depreciation Cost Element Credit with internal order

Now if you repost the depreciation then the following entry will happen:

FI :

• 5. Entry: Depreciation Account debit with correct internal order

CO:

• 6. Entry: Depreciation Cost Element debit with correct internal order

So after reposting 2 & 5 nullifies, 4 & 6 nullifies.

To resolve 1, post an FI entry taking the depreciation amount to the correct internal order debit and credit to same account without internal order.

Now think about how do you want to settle those internal orders.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

In this case I have assumed that your scenario in question is posting for the real internal order only.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish