Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Active-Directory PW at SAP logon procedure

bernhard_mair
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the requirement no to use single sign on for some systems with sensitive data, but  would like to check during sap logon procedure the  from our central active directory password.

is there any best practice configuration or SAP / AD Win Addon solution available to connect SAP NW abap 7.40 at Win2012 sever with our active directory. Nearly all win based applications can handle a PW check from application to AD. Is there any SAP or Partner implementation helpful to expand the SAP client internal User-PW check?

Thanks in advanced for alternatives to the standard client SSO or any idea in the direction using active directory password within sap-logon.

Please give me a short feedback if you need more details.

regards,

Bernhard Mair

Goethe-Institut München

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SAP NetWeaver ABAP app server only accepts SAP user id and password or it can use SNC to authenticate the user when SAP GUI is used on workstation. So, if you want the user to be prompted to enter their Active Directory credentials during a logon using SAP GUI, and you don't want SSO, then you need to purchase a third party product.

Please note, that SAP is not JUST a Windows based application, as it can also be installed on Unix and Linux, so SAP have made it work in same way on all platforms without any 'special' windows authentication capabilities.

Thanks

Tim

bernhard_mair
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Tim,

can you give more details about your proposed partner addon solution.

regards

Bernhard

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not via SCN. I have sent you an email instead.

Thanks

Tim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just noticed you also opened thread at back in September 2014, which looks like it is very similar.