cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit center substitution rule not overriding OKB9

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is an automatic assignment of a cost center to an expense GL account in OKB9.

This is cost center is not assigned to any profit center because it is a generic cost center.

When we try to post to the same account manually using FB50 and when we put the same cost center in, it will of course post to a dummy profit center since the cost center is not assigned to a profit center. The profit center field cannot be changed manually as it gets greyed out after derivation.

In order to override it , we have created a substitution rule using OBBH where we have introduced the business area.

We have mentioned that if GL a/c = XXX and business area = YYY , the profit center = ZZZ

When we now try to post into the a/c using FB50 , it does derive profit center as ZZZ from the substitution rule when you press the enter key.

But when you try to post the document, it gives a message saying, it has replaced the profit center to dummy profit center and when i click on the message for more info , it says, it will use the automatic assignment rule and so it will by dummy and not ZZZ.

I would appreciate any help in getting the substitution rule to override the OKB9 in this scenario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a substitution rule but it is not overriding the OKB9 when I try to post a document using FB50.

I've opened another question on this thread for that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact, the subject of this thread is 'substitution rule is not overriding the OKB9'

Former Member
0 Kudos

i want to use business area without getting that error message.

Since profit center field is greyed out as soon as you put the cost center information in, i want the user to put business area also in so the profit center is correctly derived and then greyed out rather than greying out with dummy profit center.

using the profit center mandatory option in OKB9 does not serve the purpose since business area does not even figure in that

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajaram,

Try to create substitution in GGB1 for the GL account.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member229024
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajaram,

Try to post with statistical order with profit center assigned to it. Let system post to dummy and IO profit center.

Cheers,

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajaram,

Why don't you try to assign profit centre with cost centre for the cost element in OKB9 or with combination of BA/CC in it.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

i cannot assign a profit center to this cost center that im referring to because it is an overall plant manager's cost center which is responsible for many profit centers.

You suggested using business area combination with cost element.

That requires me to make business area field mandatory in the posting.

I don't want to make it mandatory but i want to use business area field in OKB9

Can i use business area field in OKB9 without making it mandatory?

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can use BA mandatory in OKB9. Based on this you assign PC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't want to make BA mandatory..i want it to remain optional

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have not maintained the BA as mandatory, when at the time of document entry if the user skips BA, then system won't derive the PC based on OKB9.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is fine..

If the user skips BA, the posting would go to dummy profit center anyway.

I'm ok with that.

But how do i even get the rules into OKB9 without making BA mandatory?

I'll make the question very specific.

I want to put BA in the OKB9 rule..how do i get in this rule without making BA mandatory in OKB9?

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajaram,

Even if you make BA mandatory in OKB9, system will allow to post a document without BA. It is mandatory to maintain BA in OKB9 itself not in document .So you have to select it and maintain the assignments.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mukthar

I now get a new kind of error when I try to put in a business area rule in OKB9 for a cost element

It says '

Profit center assignment is only allowed for revenue elements

Message no. KM080

Diagnosis

Account 4XXX is not a revenue type. Only revenue types can be posted to profit centers automatically in the background.

System Response

Invalid assignment.

Procedure

Enter a revenue type or assign another account assignment object.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajaram,

Then try with profit centre mandatory option in OKB9.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajaram,

First of all profit center field is available in cost center master data and you are saying you have maintained default cost center for the respective GL Account in OKB9.

Now you are substituting the profit center after OKB9 has derived the Cost Center & Profit center.

Yes, sap standard behaviour will not allow you to do that even if you notice that in simulation mode you are able to see that substitution is changing the profit center as in complete call it gets reset to the original profit center again back.

So you can not achieve that with standard boolean logic but only through exit and thats too probably the exit need to get called after the line item value is passed but before posting.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish