Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

widget compatibility - mobile platforms

satish_kandi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are widgets supported on mobile browsers? Customer is facing issues while loading Widgets, Posting comments in Safari browser (iPhone, iPad, Windows OS).

Please see the attached screen shots for the errors.

Thanks,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

robert_horne
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

We have recently found a Safari setting has given at least one other customer trouble with the feed widget and Safari. Safari by default seems to be not allowing cookies to be set inside an iFrame. This is killing the Jam Session. So depending on what Feed widget settings you have turned on this could be causing this error. For instance you may want to turn off the "Live Feed Updates" and "Reply inline Mode" for safari browsers. My guess is the "Live Feed Updates" option could be causing this error.

Another option is for the user to change browser settings to allow the cookies to be written like every other browser. We are currently looking for other workarounds.

Does the error happen intermittently, or does it happen consistently for all safari browsers?

As a team we are reviewing some of the existing workarounds on the web that a number of people have used with Facebook to see if they are valid for Jam.

robert_horne
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Satish you may also want to read posts like this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/172223/how-do-i-set-cookies-from-outside-domains-inside-iframes-i...

There may be some options there that can work for you.