cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web intelligence report font issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When I ran report to query data from my data warehouse, all Vietnamese characters turn to ? symbol. Then I check it again by oracle database development tools, it's still ok. I change every font which I have in WI ( arial, time new romans). It not work. Normally, Vietnamese can write by both arial and times new roman. I don't know what configure I was ignored

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member222510
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is the behavior if you create a simple report with Vietnamese characters based on a .txt or .xls data source? With this we can narrow down a problem a bit.

Please also go through the steps written in the following KBA: 1260474 - Special characters do not display correctly in Business Objects using Oracle Database

According to the KBA please check the following:

• Ensure that the Database is set to UTF8.

• Installed International Support features Microsoft Office Setup.
  • Modify NLS_LANG on the client machine to be UTF8. (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\KEY_OracClient10G_home)
  • In Designer parameter make sure that UNICODE_STRING parameter is set to Yes.

Please also verify that Arial Unicode MS (arialuni.ttf) is installed on the BO server and that it can be found in fontalias.xml file.

Best Regards,

Bence Legradi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the NLS_LANG parameter on the BO server:

Oracle Database Client Globalization Support