cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with WAD transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have made few changes in existing web template using WAD. While changing objects, and HTML code, it did not ask for any Transport. I am not sure, how do I move the changes in Quality and Production?

Any urgent help will be very helpful here.

Thanks,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

either your objects were never transported before - then you need to collect them in the transport collector.

or they were already transported and there is a bex transport request defined for the package where they belong to. then the objects are already on this transport and you justs end this one into production.

best way is to go to the transport collector and collect the template you have changed. The the system will tell you, to which transport request the objects belong.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Cornelia,

The objects are there in all landscape, so I am sure it was transported somewhere in the past. However since I have made some changes in existing template, should I use transport collector in RSA1? If I select the template, automatically all relevant objects will be collected in transport? Need some details info plese.

Thanks,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Yes you should use the transport connection in RSA1 and collect all the objects for that WAD.

Regards,

Anupama

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

have you ever done a transport?

As I already said - if they were already transported and you were able to cahnge them, the changes are already collected within the BEX request.

You can use the transport collector to find out which is the BEX request.

if you can transport that whole request depends upon whether there are more objects included than just that one template that you have changed.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

USe RSA1 to collect;

if the objects are already in a transport the number of will be displayed.

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I did transport through Solution Manager, not through Transport Collector. So asking you to safe guard us, in case of any risk, unwanted issue. As per me once the transport is relesed, it can not be reused for further changes.

Thanks,

Paul

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well then check on which request the objects are and if there are any more objects on that request.

if you do not want to transport the bex request, you need to release that one without transport.

then collect the objects again, put them into a new request and releas and transport that one.