cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Management during goods receipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a scenario where a goods receipt inspection is active for material X. Inspection type 01 can be activated and material goes to inspection stock.

But instead of moving all the quantity can i move sample from the quantity..?

Ex: good receipt- X material 100 kg and i want only 30 gm to come to inspection stock for quality check (to avoid blockage of 100 kg)

I have maintained inspection type 15 for material X, but how to calculate 30 gm sample..?

Please help me

Regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not select the indicator 'post to insp. stock' on inspection setup.

And if you want to scrap the sample quantity, check the indicator 'destructive insp.' on control indicator of inspection characteristic.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Do-Wook Kim,

As per your reply, i maintained a material X with insp. type 01 and untick on post to insp. stock.

MIC also maintained with indicator 'destructive insp.'

After migo for 100 Kg, In QA32 i got a inspection lot with 100 kg.

My requirement is to get an inspection lot of 30 gm instead of 100 kg.

Do i need to maintain sampling procedure, sampling scheme or physical sample..?

Please help me with some example

Regards,

Santosh

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

There are many examples in the following threads:

Sampling Scheme

Sampling scheme

Physical sample

Physical sample

sample drawing procedure - Auto sample calculation.

Kind regards,

Natália

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The lot quantity is always same with received quantity.

I assume you want that the sample quantity should be 30g in lot info.

Yes. You have to define the sampling procedure in material master or in insp.  plan.

Regards

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I think there is no provision in the standard SAP to move the sample qty in to quality inspection and remaining lot qty in to unrestricted use stock. You can move the entire Inspection lot qty (including sample qty) either in to inspection stock or in to unrestricted use stock...

another work around you can do...Post the entire qty in to unrestricted use for this. activate inspection type 01 and also inspection type 08 in material master in QM view  . for inspection type 01 de-check the indicator post to inspection stock as shown below.

Once you do the GR entire qty goes to unrestricted use but lot will get generated and sample qty gets calculated in that if you maintain sampling Procedure in inspection plan. Now using MB1B transaction transfer the sample qty from UU to QI with 322 movement. again you will get inspection lot for this sample qty. Now once inspection done do RR and UD. Copy the inspection results of this new lot to initial lot by using copy results functionality. Of course this increases the user work.

Thanks

Kumar

Answers (0)