Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Files - SFTP to FTP ESR Bypass Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

We are having one scenario :

SFTP - PI 7.31 - FTP server.

The Source side will be placing two different extension files with same name like :

abc.xml

abc.jpg.

Both these files have to be moved to the target location. At the target location if only one file is received then it will throw an error as both the files are required for successful posting.

How can we handle such a scenario from PI side. If both files with the same names are there then only send those otherwise ignore/error out the single file.

I have tried searching on Additional files option in SFTP sender adapter like file.namepart .xml = .jpg , but i guess the additional file will be sent as an attachment in the payload as per the documentation. There is no mapping involved in our scenario and this is a ESR bypass scenario with no Payload handling.

Can you please suggest how to achieve this? We have to deliver both the files at the target side.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Is it possible to use SFTP in receiver side also? because SFTP adapter can process attachments also, Then you can use additional files option in sender SFTP server. I am just asking if possible you can use SFTP if not possible then we can think about solution for FTP.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen ,

Thanks for the reply. I can ask my Admin team to look for SFTP option. Can you please share how to process attachments from SFTP receiver.

Once again there is no ESR content involved. It is just only pushing files from one server to another.

Thanks.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

You can select Store Attachments check box in receiver SFTP adapter to process attachments.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen ,

I will check that out.

When i will check the store attachments option then the second file will also be stored as the first file?

Also is there any such option available for FTP receiver adapter?

Thanks

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

>>>>>When i will check the store attachments option then the second file will also be stored as the first file?

Yes if you select that option both main file and attachments will be placed in the target directory.

>>>>Also is there any such option available for FTP receiver adapter?

No File adapter does not support attachments.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen , I will test the option and get back to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen ,

I have tried SFTP to SFTP as suggested by you. I am able to achieve the requirement. The only issue is the additional file name is not genrating properly in the receiver directory. I want the name to be same. Any idea on why this be happening. This should be ABC.jpg only.

Thanks

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Use below parameter under Advance Mode section as additional parameters in SFTP receiver channel.

Parameter Name     : retain.attachment.name

Parameter value      : true

Regards,

Praveen.