Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove link from ESS portal

Brandyn_Richmon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Im trying to remove/disable/hide the 'Career and Job' link from Overview line in our ESS portal. We are still using the old ESS Homepage framework.

I have already remove the subarea and page from the backend, but Im not sure how to get rid of this link. I think its somewhere in the portal (maybe roles).

Any help is appreciated.

Brandyn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brandyn,

No back end configuration needed but You should remove the role Career & Job in ESS , Please check with security consultant .

Check the t-code SU01 from SAP backend , If you have a admin access than log on to portal , enter an employee number in search button , in bottom screen you will get portal roles , based on your requirement remove unwanted role in portal itself.

Thanks

Siva

Brandyn_Richmon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

The users all have the same role: pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.roles/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_self_service

How can I remove/disable/hide the 'Career and Job' link from Overview line?

Brandyn

Brandyn_Richmon
Participant
0 Kudos

Got it.

open the following from portal             

content administration -> portal content ->content provide by SAP -> End User content ->com.sap.pct.ess.employee->com.sap.pct.ess.workset->right click to open Career and Job workset             

on the right side u find Property Editor - Career and Job             

under property catogory select show all             

under that u find Invisible in Navig... select yes             

and save. the work set is not displyed on portal. 

Answers (0)