cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCHEMA NAME CHANGE IN DB2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing a system refresh using database move method,Have taken the export from source system and now am trying to import it in the target system using database move method without uninstalling and installing the db2,

While importing ,in one step its asking for abap schema name and i given the current schema name for the target system.But it is giving error that the schema name is already existing in database and my db import is currently stucked in the middle.

How can i rename the current schema and proceed the installation?

Or is there any other method for proceeding. Please not that am doing this using database move method. Not uninstalling and installing db.

Regards,

Arun Raj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I gone through your question, we had the same issue recently and stucked at the same step and I did it in the following manner and it worked for me.

1) you can unstall sap in target system and by manually dropping DB

or you can only drop DB by using this command

db2 drop db SID

as it abviously gives error b'coz it has existing database and schema.

solution is just drop DB with above command and try again it will work. It won't affect in any manner. just for safer side take the backup of the target system.

Regards,

Thirupathi T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thirupathi,

Thanks I did it by dropping DB.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

maria_shen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

Renaming schema is not supported as described in SAP note#713524.

https://css.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/713524

Kind regards
Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I am assuming you are using db2move command. Your import process probably saying that schema and tables exist. Default import options is REPLACE_CREATE. other valid options are Valid options are: INSERT, INSERT_UPDATE, REPLACE, CREATE, and REPLACE_CREATE. Also if you have db structure in place, try load option in db2move.

Important note is that import/load command need to issued after you connect to DB as user <your schema name>, not as db2<sid>

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anil