SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM-FM integration. How to stop update of Fund Center and Commitment Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Anyone please help. MM-FM integration.

Our problem is after automatic creation of PR and PO from work orders, and the fund center and commitment item in the PR and PO has been changed/updated by the user, and then we change something in the work order and save it, the fund center and commitment item of the PR and PO goes back to default value (based on FMderive). Is there a way to stop this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Rona

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amarlal_lohano
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It seems like you have selected "Do not overwrite target values" option in both Funds Enter and Commitment Item in the derivation rule defined.

Go through SAP Note 666322, make sure the Trace feature in On and then choose the option "Overwrite Target Values" in both Funds Enter and Commitment Item in your derivation rule. After that, see the Difference before and after values in the trace log created after performing the derivation rule.

I am sure this will help.

Regards,

Amar Lal

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

amarlal_lohano
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It seems like you have selected "Do not overwrite target values" option in both Funds Enter and Commitment Item in the derivation rule defined.

Go through SAP Note 666322, make sure the Trace feature in On and then choose the option "Overwrite Target Values" in both Funds Enter and Commitment Item in your derivation rule. After that, see the Difference before and after values in the trace log created after performing the derivation rule.

I am sure this will help.

Regards,

Amar Lal

0 Kudos

Hi Amar!

we are still encountering the problem.

Our problem is after automatic creation of PR and PO from work orders, and the fund center and commitment item in the PR and PO has been changed/updated by the user (override the fund center and commitment item derived from FMderive), and then we change something in the work order and save it, the fund center and commitment item of the PR and PO goes back to default value (based on FMderive). Is there a way to stop this?

Do you know other config that needs to be changed related to this?

0 Kudos

Dear Rona,

The problem occurs if you make any change in the source fields maintained in the FMDERIVE, it will automatically update the values with the target fields in the workorder, which are related to the source fields changed by you. Its the basic functionality of system.

Although I am still unclear regarding the whole scenario, but make sure you do not change any value's pertaining to source fields or in other case make derivation rules for that as well.

I hope this will resolve the issue.

Regards,

Amar Lal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much AMar!