cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decision table "Table Settings" button access to authorized users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement where in i have to restrict the user from accessing "Table Settings" button of BRF plus decision table(not from personalization please).

I am able to restrict the user from changing decision table entries using application exit ,but my requirement is user should be able to maintain the decision table entries but restrict the access to/hide the "table settings"  button based on authorization .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can achieve this by creating a custom transaction to start BRFplus (which you can link to specific auithorizations). The procedure is described in this blog:

In order to hide the table settings button for the decision table you have to set the parameter if_fdt_wd_configuration=>gc_param_hide_tab_settings to ABAP_TRUE in your custom uimode configuration. The screenshot below show one example for such a configuration:

Hope that helps

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I have already tried this coding to set the configuration , but it did not hide the table settings button of decision table.

ro_configuration = super->IF_FDT_WD_UI_MODE~GET_CONFIGURATION( ) .

ro_configuration->SET_PARAMETER( iv_name = IF_FDT_WD_configuration=>GC_PARAM_HIDE_TAB_SETTINGS
iv_value = abap_true ).

*ro_configuration->SET_PARAMETER( iv_name = IF_FDT_WD_configuration=>GC_PARAMETER_HIDE_SETTING_DLG
* iv_value = abap_true ).

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just debugged the situation and got aware that some default parameters "interfere" with each other.

The following coding works in my case:

In addition to the hidding of the table settings you also have to set the parameter if_fdt_wd_user_configuration=>gc_parameter_displ_dect_def to false.

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

the above code suggestion works for hiding table settings, but i am facing a problem here

even i set the parameter if_fdt_wd_user_configuration=>gc_parameter_displ_dect_def to abap_false

in debugging the value is set to X, when i changed its value in debuuging , then the table settings button got hidden, please help.

both the internal table has DISPLAY_DEC_TABLE_DEFINITION value as 'X'.

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry but I do not get what exactly is your problem now.

I assume that so far you implemented your own UI mode class which contains now the two calls of the setting of the parameters for the decision table view. You use this UI mode class when calling your custom BRFplus transaction in order to set up the UI mode you need (this worked in my example). Does your custom transaction still display the settings button even with the two calls being made?

If yes please check the instance table that is filled/updated when setting the parameters to the ro_configuration reference. Are there any further decision table settings related parameters set there?

The screenshot you show above shows the initialization of the parameters before you custom class is called. That is why the parameter is still set to triue at that point in time

Perhaps you can attach the complete code of the report of your custom BRFplus start transaction and the code of you UI mode class to this post in order to support the analysis

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was my mistake of coding, it works for me now, table settings option is hidden..

thank you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

The custom BRF transaction with modified Configuration to hide "Table settings" option of Decision table displays the configuration details in URL of the application,

/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/fdt_wd_workbench?sap-language=EN&sap-client=111&UI_MODE_CLASS=ZCL_CUSTOM_U…

if a use change the URL (remove UI_MODE_CLASS=ZCL_CUSTOM_U… from URL he is able to see the table settings option) .

Is there any other workaround or do we have any other enhancement option to hide the button or restrict the access to button.

i have coded something like if user have authorization, call brf+ transaction or else call the new configuration.

thanks in advance.

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the prooposed option is the official solution.And I am not aware of any other solution how to handle that requirement. Your custom report/transaction is from my point of view anyway a feasible solution.

BR

Christian