Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scope of Work for Functional Guys in SAP Fiori.

Former Member

I would like to understand more about scope of work for Functional Consultants in SAP Fiori

Can some one in group help me to understand this ?

Thanks

Aniket

14 REPLIES 14

0 Kudos

Hi Aniket,

I will move this question to the Career Center SCN space. In the Fiori space we handle technical questions and problems.

Best regards and have a wonderful day,

Michael

SAP AGS Fiori Support & SCN Moderator

0 Kudos

Functional is mainly needed for doing the config. For Firori to work, the respective app's backend config etc should be in place.

For making Fiori app available to the role/page etc, OData service activation etc, its simple config any one can do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the installed backend system is setup as standard, no user exits, Z fields etc. used then there is not much need for functional consultants when a Fiori app is rolled out for an area that is working with SAPGUI already.  There is normally not much extra configuration needed but that should be verified and a functional consultant can and should help in verifying that and testing the app. 

If the backend setup is not standard, there are custom fields etc. in use then the requirement for the functional support increases as well as the need for development resources for the NW Gateway and SAPUI5 parts. 

VKS
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Aniket,

Generally, Mapping the business requirements to Technical requirements is a prime job of functional Consultant.

In Fiori, We need to understand the customers business to design a proper solution which can further be developed in an App.

Before deciding to go for developing, SAP provides a design thinking solution (How to think while mapping Business requirements into an Fiori App) which can be understood and followed by functional consultants. A small defect in design might not give a proper user experience in SAP Fiori.

So A functional Consultant will understand both the business and the functionality in SAP Fiori and design the solution keeping the experience of End user in Mind.

Regards,

Vishnu...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishnu .. can this mapped to BA equivalent role ?  I have always been thinking why will an SAP Project Require a BA ..I mean the Functional Guys should take care of this

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aniket

I'm a PP consultant and, considering the PP Fiori Apps, they are just a different interface for functionalities that already exist on the old ERP. There is no fiori specific customizing, therefore, the role of the functional consultant is still the same: map the customer business requirements, customize the system on SPRO and teach the user how to use the transactions.

Regards

Caetano

0 Kudos

Hello Aniket,

I am not sure, What is the definition you have for functional Consultants.?

What is exactly you want to know. Is this only about functional Consultant work in Fiori or is there something beyond?

In an SAP Project, Anybody who can understand the actual business and able to give a solution with respect to SAP ERP functionality can be a functional Consultant.

Regards,

Vishnu...

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aniket,

Fiori is a more user intensive tool, which makes use of the existing functionality of SAP. The screens are more user friendly, compact and have wider scope in future.

You can check out my doc, which is an implementation experience i have to share.

The config is pretty much simple, which is made on top of the existing config. Currently, the ECC config should be on place and the touch points are maintained in gateway server (additional server which logically placed above the ECC production server). The connectivity is mainly a basis job, but each app configuration should be done - some on gateway server (say workflows) and some on ECC (dev,qa, prod) server itself.

Thanks

Prem

0 Kudos

Hi Aniket,

SAP Fiori is basically a platform that provides the porting of applications on the mobile devices.

When we work in SAP Fiori applications then we face several issues because main functions are in the backend ERP (SAP/Oracle etc.) and each customer has different back end set up or configuration. OData is the communication channel to the backend servers via get/post/put method.

So in a way functional knowledge is required but its not necessary for a consultant to be an expert in the respective processes to the extent of a real functional consultant for different modules for example MM, WM, Inventory Management, SD etc.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishu . I agree that you can extend your wings however SAP tried build In functionality wise skillset eg FI Consultant , CO Consultant and list goes on

0 Kudos

Hello Aniket,

Yes, Agree that SAP have Built In Functionality. However, That Built in Functionality is there only in SAP ERP and some other Products like SAP HCM, SAP SCM and some industry specific Solutions.

SAP Fiori is not like above. It doesn't have any ERP Functionality. Rather, It helps in Viewing those ERP Functionality. Like a front face for all your organizational Data.

Fiori is build to help the end users i.e) To help in increasing the user experience.

Fiori is just going to change the way you access your data which is nothing but to change the way you are going to work.

Still have some queries about Fiori. You can find many articles written about Fiori in our SCN Community itself. You can have a look for better understanding about Fiori.

Regards,
Vishnu...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishnu - Get that

0 Kudos

Hello Aniket,

Good that you got what you need from the SCN Community.

Kindly close this discussion as it will help our peer community members.

Below blog will be giving the importance of closing the discussion.

Regards,

Vishnu...

0 Kudos

Closed Now