SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration MM-ISU Good issue movement types

sarasap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!!

I have a question regarding the integration between MM and ISU

My customer is using MM-IM to manage the inventory in SAP, so when a purchase order arrives they create a GR with serial numbers which automatically triggers the integration with ISU and creates the devices in status ESTO.

I have not been able to understand yet how is this business process in SAP standard for the GI

The device needs to have the Status AVBL at the time of installation and usually this is done by a GI (201 or 261 movements as example) So the process should be like this as far as I understand

1. PO  - GR - GI -  Installation

I have read about movement types U61 and U62 but I am not sure how are they related to this process.

What would be the difference between using U61 or 201 movements for the GI?

Is there any standard transaction to do the GI & Installation in one step?

Hope you can help.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are several threads on this topic - see

The difference is device management in ISU

Also try this: Let me google that for you  - several threads come back with some good explanations

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are several threads on this topic - see

The difference is device management in ISU

Also try this: Let me google that for you  - several threads come back with some good explanations

0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy

I have tryed to google this question and I have also readed the post you provided before asking this question.

I still do not have clear what is the difference between using U61 or 201. Or what is the business process / transactions relevant in these cases

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Hi Sara - there is a whole course covering this on the SAP Learning Hub - IUT220 Device Management (training.sap.com) - it is 276 pages long, covering all scenarios and questions you are asking, in-depth. Do you have access to the Learning Hub? It is worth checking out, especially if you are new to Utilities.

sarasap
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Tammy

I have found what i needed. Just in case anyone is having the same doubt

In utilities industry, devices don't leave stock when they are installed. With the help of the pre-configured movement types U61 and U62 it's not necessary to book a good issue before installation

As far as i understood the Grid storage represent all the stock that you have installed. Correct me if I am wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

Perhaps you can help me to understand because I am in the same position you were in back in April. Upon triggering the Goods Receipt, the ISU equipment is created and shows as stock in the receiving plant and storage location. However, the devices have a status of ESTO which unless changed to AVLB, cannot be used for an installation.

The only way that I am aware of to change the status from ESTO to AVLB is via a goods issue. Are you saying that if I trigger a goods issue, then the status of the devices will be updated but the stock in the plant will remain the same?

Transaction EM10 using movement type U61 looks promising but I keep getting the following error

"Update control of movement type is incorrect (entry U61 _ X)"

You would think there would be a way to trigger a transfer posting from plant to plant that would change the device status from ESTO to AVLB. Unfortunately I have not been able to find the correct answer thus far.

0 Kudos

Hello Clayton,

With ISU you do not need to have the devices in AVLB status in order to proceed with installation. You can use U61 and U62 movement for this purpose.

You can do this with 2 different approaches

1- One step. Include U61 movmenten information in EG31 transaction. To be able to do this you have to include parameter GOODSMVMT in DM customizing

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c6/4dc6a4eafc11d18a030000e829fbbd/content.htm

2- Two Steps. EM10 transaction to move the devices to the "Grid" storage location and the EG31 to install them.

I had the same problem that you have with U61 movement. It was solved applying this note

326930 - Movement types U61 and U62 not maintained completely

Hope this information helps.

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick and thorough reply Sara.

I implemented note 326930 and it has resolved the issue. Thanks again!