cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music for coding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Does anybody here likes to code with music in the background.

If Yes, Which are your favorite tracks while coding?

PS: Just want to know, Am i the only one

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (16)

Answers (16)

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I like pur classical music. It surround me in my own small world and let me concentrate just on my goal to find a good solution with an readable frame of methods.

~Florian

0 Kudos

Baroque music is highly rythmic , while its abstract nature slows the frenzy.

I particularly like the theorbo, a baroque instrument pertaining to the lute family (the modern guitar predecessors) It has 14 strings and sounds unlike any modern instrument.

Musique pour le Roy Soleil, Robert de Visee, Works for Theorbo - Francesca Torelli - Kostenlos auf D...

Other Baroque instruments worth listening to:

* Viola Da Gamba

* Archlute

* Viola de Amore

* Baroque lute.

Baroque composers:

* Marin Marais

* Caccini

* Piccinini

* Robert De Visee.

And for celebrating once the project compiles bug-free : LED ZEPPELIN ..

Cheers!

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depending on the situation:

• Enhancing FI-TV --> Metallica: St. Anger
  • Building highly unreadable and complicated generic code snippets --> Command and Conquer: Target
  • Getting lost whilst debugging the WDA framework --> The Benny Hill Show: Opening Theme
  • Investing additional time into Developing stuff for better user acceptance --> Neal Acree: A Hero's Sacrifice
  • About to achieve a breakthrough --> Two Steps from Hell: Victory

😜

0 Kudos

Frankly, I didn't code seriously for a long time. But I remember, that for a very long time when I needed to code hard, Metallica was helping a lot, I was just launching their mp3 collection and listened to them sequentially non-stop: album by album from the band's very beginning till the latest compositions. Yeah, I felt pretty good.

former_member221827
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I work in an open space so noise cancelling headphones and throwing on music is great.  Currently I've just been going to pandora and throwing on a station started around volbeat.  I've never found music too distracting unless I'm trying to wrap my head around someone else's code, learn a complicated business process for coding, or other mentally challenging tasks (which apparently includes typing this post coherently )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Music sooths when code bursts......

sarat_malladi
Explorer
0 Kudos

To avoid background noise or meeting conversations i prefer to plug in ear phones..

I love listening to Bollywood music & Guns &Roses.

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I also hate office DJ, in my personal jukebox headphones edition it has everything from blues to heavy metal, depending on my mood, lately I need a extra laugh so I'm stuck to steel panther, Avenged Sevenfold when I'm in "this s*** must work" and George Ezra when I'm in learning mode.

Cheers!

Luis

0 Kudos

mmm, Avenged Sevenfold, I like that!

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Updated my playlist: Inserted Blue Oyster Cult on, good sound

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If Rob Dielemans wants more cowbell, we should probably give him more cowbell!

former_member184158
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for me, I like to listen to music while Iam writing a code but it sould be easy thing, for a complex program, I have to concentrate, otherwise, I will write music instead of ABAP code

dairolozano
Contributor
0 Kudos

People are really noisy here at my office so I have to wear headphones if I want a little of concentration.  Maybe EDM songs or 80's power ballads are what I mostly use to hear, but actually I prefer complete silence, specially when I have to do debugging.

Pd:  Jelena.. Should I have started this with "According to me.." ? hehehe 

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Personally I don't like any noise when I'm working, so it's always appreciated when the music lovers wear headphones in the office.

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is why i put on headphones and turn on music

Background noise is so...irritating

And , me too i'm addicted to spotify, which let me jump from an artist to another.

My tastes drive me from Epic Metal to humoristic italian groups like "Elio e le Storie Tese" to Luis Armstrong, from the Blues Brothers to Haggard

I created a playlist "Abap development" for this!

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I prefer either songs I know really well so I can sing along to and not think about (no distraction and also no people in the room) or complete silence (noise cancelling headphones and all). Not programmer - just depends on what I'm working on.

I'm also the sad type that will play the same song 20 times in a row or the same playlist over and over again.

My partner mentions he likes to listen to trance music as it sets a good rhythm to work to.

former_member186277
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I don't code, however I do love to listen to music when I am moderating on the Community... Does that count??? I am currently obsessed with Spotify and have found myself jamming to a broader variety of genres like reggae and the 80s. Love hearing what others are into as well!

Krysten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krysten,

And Of course, we don't have a coder's club here and All are invited to share their likes.

I am thinking of tapping new genres based on the work I am doing.

If Deadline is near - heavy metal.

While documentation - Soft Sufi or country music.

Preparing a presentation - symphonies ... & so on

Rgds,

Ravi

former_member186277
Participant
0 Kudos

Great plan! I may do the same!

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I like rock (grunge, punk, alternative), R&B and american country (ecletic no?) Kkkkkk

dirk_wittenberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

your not the only one. When working in home office I'm often coding to music. Mostly electronic music by Tangerine Dream http://www.tangerinedream.org/ of Klaus Schulze http://www.klaus-schulze.com/welcome.htm. You can find a  lot  of both on Youtube.

Regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dirk,

I will surely give it a shot. My favorites are Classic & Alternative rock. And some local folk Punjabi music which is native music of my mpthertongue.

Ravi