cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workbook Migration Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting error WORKBOOK MAY NOT BE VALID while migrating few workbooks.

Detailed Error description is :

Diagnosis

An error occurred while reading the metadata associated with this query in the workbook. This metadata is stored in two hidden repository sheets: SAPBEXqueries and SAPBEXfilters. The error may have been caused by corrupt metadata in the hidden sheets. It is also possible that these are BW 2.x workbooks that were opened directly in the BEx Analyzer from SAP NetWeaver 7.0.

System Response

Since the metadata was not read correctly, it is possible that the query in the workbook was not upgraded correctly. The upgrade process continued, but there may be consistency issues, which you should check for by refreshing the workbook. If you are working with a BW 2.x workbook, the workbook may not be upgraded at all.

Procedure

First try refreshing the workbook in the 7.0 Analyzer to check whether the query refreshes correctly despite these errors and whether these errors can be ignored. If the query refreshes correctly, the warning can be ignored and the workbook can be saved.

If the workbook does not refresh correctly in the 7.0 Analyzer, check whether it refreshes correctly in the 3.x Analyzer. If errors occur while refreshing the workbook in the 3.x Analyzer, the workbook is probably corrupt. You should then investigate the cause of this in the 3.x Analyzer.

If the workbook refreshes correctly in the 3.x Analyzer, another possible cause could be that the Excel workbook or worksheet is protected. Try unprotecting the worksheet or workbook and upgrading it again in the 7.0 Analyzer.

If the workbook was created using 2.x Analyzer, save the workbook again in the 3.x Analyzer and try opening it in the 7.0 Analyzer.

If none of these solutions resolve the problem, there may be other compatibility issues between the 3.x and the 7.0 Analyzer. In such cases, check whether you can make adjustments manually with the 7.0 Analyzer to solve the problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're in the wrong space and need to move your question to Bex/BW area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using for first time, Can u tell me how I can post the question to BW/BEx area??