Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop secondary user from placing bids in auction

ginodw2014
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

I'm trying to stop the secondary user of a company from placing bids in the auction and only the primary contact to place bids. There is a setting i have looked at in the auction type settings, but I do not want to use this settting as the event should be company-wide.

Is there an alternative way?

Kind Regards

Gino

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member13619
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gino,

There is no alternative and you have to know what you want.

If you want only the primary user of the supplier to be able to place bids then you have to choose contact-specific event and then only the invited contacts will be able to place bids so in this case the primary users.

If you want everyone of the supplier to be able to place bids then you choose company-wide event.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gianno,

You can stop secondary contact of the supplier to place a bid in an open auction by removing security rights.

Remove Auction Event view rights for secondary contact then the contact will not be able to place a bid.

Secondary contact will get event notification but when try to open the auction system will not allow.

Regards,

Lava

former_member13619
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Lava,

This means you will need a seperate security profile for your secondary contacts or you make sure your primary contact is always supplier manager (with those rights) and you change those rights only in the supplier security profile or else your solution will not work as normally you only have 2 security

Profiles (supplier manager & supplier) which are assigned automatically.

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

You are right, either we need separate security profile or we have to manage the rights in existing profiles(Supplier Manager and Supplier).

As per Gianno requirement, Gianno wants to stop secondary contact placing the bid, for that gianno found one way to achieve that but don't want use that then gianno requested for an alternative way.

I suggested an alternative way, whether will gianno use existing security profiles or will create new one those are all depends on business requirement.

Regards,

Lava

former_member13619
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Lava,

I am not sure this is entirely his requirement.  His requirement is that the non primary contact cannot place any bids but does not exclude viewing the auction.

With your alternative the secondary supplier contact cannot even view the document.  If he does not want the secondary contact even to view the document then your alternative will work.

On the other hand if he wants that the secondary supplier contact is able to view the document but cannot place a bid then maybe the route to search is a custom script which is triggered on the save of the bid.

Just mentioning all of this so Gianno has the full picture and knows the benefits and consequences of the alternative.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Erik.

You are correct, users will get to know the benefits and consequences.

Regards,

Lava

Answers (0)