SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS- Retail Business Process and it looks like a ERP System Process. Basically what is the different between ERP system and Is retail syatem from the business process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am reading IS- Retail Business Process and it looks like a ERP System Process. Basically what is the different between ERP system and Is retail system from the business process.

I understand that is-retail is industry system and know some of the basic difference.

Thanks

Eswar

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eswar,

your question is quite general and it's really difficult to frame the related information into a single reply.

There are definitely many differences which reflect the simple fact that industries, e.g. retail, media, manufacturing etc., are different in their basic processes and thus in the resulting IT requirements and relevant SAP industry-specific solutions.

A manufacturing plant does not need retail POS interface with bonus buys as well as a retailer does not usually require implementation of production orders and both do not need the article master data structure as configured for IS-Media.

I tried to reply to a similar question focusing only on sales & distribution in the post below;

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Tomas