cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant save custom theme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are new into SAP Fiori area and we would like to customize our theme.

I have gone through many articles, but when I try to open the UI Theme Designer using the tcode. The UI theme designer opens up.

When I open a standard theme, it does not allow me to change the name to my custom one and also,

As you can see in screenshot, I cant change the name of this theme. When I go to Theme --> save As, it give me the option of saving theme and says that the theme has been saved with the new name, but when I again log back in Theme Designer I am not able to find my theme.

What is wrong ?

We are on SAP_UI 740 SP11

Thanks,

Rajat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you for all your answers, but my problem was solved by upgrading SAP_UI to Patch 12.

We also patched UIX01EAP to Patch 6

UI5 Runtime environment was patched to 1.28.4

It solved all my problems. I had one more problem, whenever i use to click any button to change the color, this was the error i was getting.

This problem was also solved now after upgrading.

I hope it helps other people here.. Closing my question now.

Thank you,

Ricky

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem but just got it fixed. If you look in the Theme Designer log you will see a bunch of Forbidden (403) Access entries. The theme is not getting saved because you don't have the proper rights but it doesn't report an error to the user. As soon as I was given the Developer role my 403 errors went away and theme was saved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joost,

I have now implemented all SAP notes related to SP11 and the UI is now on 1.26.10

Still I am getting this error even when i just did a color change and tried to Save and Build the theme.

0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

You could try to check the following document

It refers to the SAP Fiori Launchpad, but the actions mentioned in here also need to be executed when you have installed new versions of the UI.

You could check this and see if it works then.

Regards,

Joost

0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

Have you implemented all the necessary SAP Notes that belong to the UI add-on SP11? You can find them on

For instance you need to implement note

Regards,

Joost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joost,

Thank you so much for the notes, we have applied all notes now and the SAPUI5 Library is in progress now, we are upgrading it to 1.26.10

After applying the notes, It was still the same problem. I am just waiting for the upgrade to 1.26.10 to finish and then will give you an update.

Thank you for your help.

Thanks,

Ricky