cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps after track creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I need some help with configuring a track for 7.4 development.

I created a track for 7.4 development and made sure all necessary software components and their dependencies are defined in sld.

As I read lots of documentation on creating tracks on previous versions, the only point that was not covered is as follows:

How do I initially check in some of the necessary SC´s (common ones that are used by custom applications as KMC-CM, EP-BASIS, etc.) into the track.

After I import the development configuration via nwds, I can see all components that I assigned.

But those are empty. May you help me with some hints / documentation on this issue?

Maybe you could tell me the steps I need to follow?

Best regards,

André

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi André,

you need to check-in (on CMS webui -- Transport Studio -- Check-In tab) and import the SCs into Development and Consolidation. Before these steps it makes no sense to start NWDS and import the devconfig because the SCs will be empty as you have just experienced. In order to check-in SCs, you need to have the files physically in the Transport folder (you can find out this way where it is: go to CMS webui -- Landscape Configurator -- Domain Data and there you'll find the transport folder. Now the SCA files have to be put into <your transport folder>/CMS/inbox).

You can download the SCA files from the Service Marketplace.

An example for 7.4 EPBASIS SP10:

http://service.sap.com/patches --> Browse our Download Catalog --> SAP NetWeaver and complementary products --> SAP NetWeaver -->  SAP NETWEAVER 7.4 --> Entry by Component --> Enterprise Portal --> PORTAL BASIS 7.40 --> EPBASIS10_0-20010035.SCA

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ervin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin & Milen,

first thank you very much for your quick responses. Ervin pointed in the right direction, that was exactly what I was looking for.

The only things I ask myself are the following:

At the moment there all core components I have to import are deployed on our new development portal system.

Am I right to assume, that I need to mark those core SC´s as "Exclude from deployment" to ensure that those are not deployed onto the portal if I import those into "Development"?

Do you know which component includes the sap security api (containing the IUser interface etc.)? I was not able to find the name of the SC I need to import.

Thank you very much & best regards

André

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi André,

I am glad to hear that you could proceed as per our suggestions.

as the original issue has been answered, can you please raise this question in a separate thread?

This helps others in future to find 1 topic/solution in 1 thread.

Thank you and Regards,

Ervin

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello André,

1. Would you please provide a screenshot from CMS->Transport Studio->tab Development?

Has the import for all the SCs in your track finished?

2. Would you provide the version of the NWDS: 

a screenshot from Help -> About SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio

Thanks & Regards

Milen