cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nakisa Upgrade from 3.0.3 to 410_740_RF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are upgrading our ECC and Portal landscape to the latest level. Here we don't have any clue how to upgrade the Nakisa application in BackEnd as we as Application server.

Current Version Level:

ECC Landscape:

ECC6.0 - EHP5

Nakisa - 303_702 (NAKISA 303_702: Add-On Installation)

Portal Landscape:

NW: 7.3

Target Version Level:

Portal Landscape:

ECC6.0 - EHP7

Nakisa - 410_740_RF (Nakisa STVN Add-on RF)

Portal Landscape:

NW: 7.4 SP09

Note : I have upgraded the Back end system as I have mentioned , and now the level is 410_740_RF.

Now my question is, I have to import transport packages in ABAP system, followed by Update in the Java stack. Wondering what are the transport files which I need to import and what is the equivalent Java file to be deployed in the Java system.

Nutshell : Need to know , what is the version 410_740_RF which is 4.0 or 4.1 or 4.3

If I get answer for the above question I could import Java sca files accordingly.

Regards,

Basis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's a page on the wiki that covers the ABAP add-on versions - How to check your VSN Add-On Version - ERP Human Capital Management - SCN Wiki.  An add-on beginning 410 would be a 4.1 add-on (latest would be 4.3, so this is a little behind).

NOTE: Since you are upgrading from 3.0 SP3, hopefully you saw the notes in the ECC6 EhP6-7 install guide that accompanied the add-on install and you have applied the AOU/AOX files sequentially!

In just the same way as you would have selected the correct add-on (I hope), there are instructions in the ECC6 EhP6-7 transport package install guide that explain how you should choose the corresponding AOI/AOU/AOX ZIP.  It seems you are "Upgrading Nakisa applications and SAP server", so I would guess that the AOX one would be the one you want, but please read the information and confirm this for yourself.

The installation guides should have been available with the add-on/transport download from the SAP Service Marketplace.

Since the upgrades need to be sequential (see above), I'd also recommend taking a look at these blog posts:

In addition I'd recommend reading the following for any Nakisa upgrade to ensure you have a full appreciation for what can potentially be involved:

Particularly take note that moving major product versions can require some reconfiguration and can also impact any customisations that may have been applied.

The SCA (Java) package to deploy would be a 4.1 version.  VSN 4.1 went up to SP2, and there can be several iterations of product build within a service pack as patching is applied.  I would guess that you would probably want to apply the latest version of the product build for this and you would likely need to contact Nakisa via OSS to ensure you get that latest version.

Something you may also wish to consider if you have not applied the update yet is implementing to version 4.3.  This would make sense from a supportability and future-proofing perspective.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your valuable information,

During the EHP7 upgrade phase SUM asking to add Nakisa 410_740_RF version as it is recommended (Pre-request) to proceed upgrade further, so i have downloaded 410_740_RF Add-On from SMP and moved to upgrade package, finally the upgrade activity is completed.

Now what i want to know is, do i need to import Transport package from 303_702, 4.0, 4.0 SP1 and 4.1 sequence or i can import 410_740_RF Transport package directly?

Also i need to deploy Nakisa Application component in Portal system (Java Stack), i could see below listed .SCA component are available in 4.1 SW package.

OrgAudit0911014200SCA.sca

OrgChart0911012400SCA.sca

OrgModeler0911014300SCA.sca

TalentHubEmployee0911011800SCA.sca

TalentHubHRExec0911011800SCA.sca

TalentHubManager0911011800SCA.sca

TeamManager0911014200SCA.sca

1- What will be the procedure to deploy these component in portal system (JSPM not supported in NW 7.3). Can i use Telnet command to deploy, if i can what will be the sequence i need to follow to deploy this components.

Regards,

Basis

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now what i want to know is, do i need to import Transport package from 303_702, 4.0, 4.0 SP1 and 4.1 sequence or i can import 410_740_RF Transport package directly?

If you refer to the transport installation document I previously recommended you read through, page 8 includes a section "Important Notes for Upgrades".  The very first bullet point from this reads as follows:

"If upgrading from a version that is more than two versions old, apply the required AOU or AOX file for

each version sequentially. For example, if you are upgrading from Nakisa version 3.0 SP3 to 4.1, first

apply the 4.0 transport package, then the 4.0 SP1 transport package, and finally the 4.1 transport

package."

I believe that answers your question, but I would reiterate that the documented approach was also to apply incremental updates to the ABAP add-on.  Unfortunately I don't know what the implications are for jumping straight in at 4.1.

1- What will be the procedure to deploy these component in portal system (JSPM not supported in NW 7.3). Can i use Telnet command to deploy, if i can what will be the sequence i need to follow to deploy this components.

I recently did an install for a client where JSPM was no longer supported.  I used SUM to carry out this installation and apart from having to bypass a check for HTTPS access to the server it worked just fine.  I just followed the wizard-esque process in SUM step-by-step.

Have you considered any of my earlier points?:

1. Why not upgrade to 4.3 or at the very least to 4.1 SP2? The SCA files you list are initial 4.1 releases I believe.  Have you contacted Nakisa/SAP via OSS for some more up to date product builds?
  2. Do you know which modules are currently in use/licensed? You shouldn't install modules you don't need or are not licensed for (unless evaluating of course).
  3. Do you know how to configure each module as I doubt you will be able to use the existing configuration builds.
  4. Have you read through any of the documentation and articles I recommended?

Regards,

Stephen.

Answers (0)