we created page and area...

but publish button is not enable all time in page or area

how to enable publish button

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhesh,

I had the same issue when configuring/using the WPC.  I have noticed a few scenarios that cause the publishing to not be available.

1. first follow the above link to make sure your user can in fact publish and has proper authorizations (simple enough).  So assuming this is done then...

2. If the page is contained within an Area - Please publish that first. (it seams to be any nested items, ALL parents must be published.

3. If the page is contained in a folder please make sure the page is under an area (you will need this to link to portal for dynamic pages.

4. If it is a linked page make sure that the original page is published...

just some pointers off the top of my head.. feel free to reply if you are still having issues.  Send me the scenario and I can do a test on my end.

cheers,

Art

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

hi all thanks for reply...

first thing publish button was not enable all time... means publish area was not enable so unable to all thing that u said,

i found solution that my wpc role was missing action tc~pp~wpc~publish~editor

goto delegate user mgmt, select ur role and give proper action to wpc role, if its doen't exits....

thanks all closing thread..

tanushsingh_parihar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radhesh,

The step you have mentioned is not the recommended way to allow a user to publish an area. You must assign the "Full Control" authoring permission to the user for the publish icon to be enabled for him. See the following help page:

Defining Authoring Permissions - Web Page Composer - SAP Library

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tanushsingh_parihar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radhesh,

See the following help page to know more about publishing works in WPC.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/29/06db78ce61403da55eaa792ea1f771/content.htm