SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD - FM : check available budget when create order

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I got new question that when user create credit request (t-code : va01) and enter fund code and fund center in account assignment tab as below;

condition type ZDTX define gl account type expense that will add budget in specific fund code and fund center before.

User would like system check available budget from specific fund code and fund center. If credit amount is exceed budget, system do not allow to save this order.

Please help.

Jittima

5 REPLIES 5

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jittima,

First of all, to have the possibility to check available budget you must have the minimum FM account assignments which is Funds Center AND Commitment Item.

Therefore, Commitment Item should be part of the screen together with Funds Center and Fund.

You can read my SAP Note 1268001 about the integration between PSM-FM and other areas (see the part of SD customizing settings for FM objects). I will copy this part below:

a) SD customizing settings for FM objects.
    You can set "fund center" as an optional entry in SD customizing settings for field status.

This can be checked in the IMG path:

SPRO -> Public Sector Management -> Funds Management Government-> Actual and Commitment Update/Integration -> Integration -> Maintain Field Status for Assigning FM Account Assignments

You should have a record with Object type = '04' (sales order).

It is not necessary to have the field as required (unless you want to insert it in the origin process) due to the fact that this can avoid the account assignment derivation between CO objects and FM objects.

For more information, check note 572729.

I recommend you to have the fields as optional. In this way you allow the user to enter the FM objects and still benefit from the possibility to automatically derive the FM objects from a FICO object.

I hope this helps you.

Regards, Vanessa.

0 Kudos

Dear Vanessa,

Thanks you very much. Your answer is very helpful. I don't know about FM.

How can i check the minimum FM account assignments which is Funds Center and Commitment Item for available budget.

By the way, I check the integration between PSM-FM and SD as below,

1. I have activated Funds Management functionality (Enterprise Extension EA-PS is activated in transaction code SFW5.

2.Flags "Account Assignment Derivation" and/or "Activate Update in Funds Management" are activated in customizing path PSM -> Funds Management Government -> Actual and Commitment Update/Integration -> Activate/Deactivate Funds Management".

3. "fund center" set as an optional entry in SD customizing settings for field status.

4. I don't check deactivate this integration in customizing transaction OFUP

Best Regards,

Jittima K.

0 Kudos

Hi Jittima,

In your step 3, you must put commitment item field status as optional also, like Funds Center.

The minimum FM account assignments that I mentioned is that when PSM-FM is activated as in your system, in all screens you must have derivations for Funds Center and the same for Commitment Item. That's why you need to change Commitment Item in your step 3 to be optional at least.

In other words, to have budget you must have content for fields Funds Center and Commitment Item and of course you can use the other FM fields also as in your case that you are using Fund.

Regards, Vanessa.

0 Kudos

Dear Vanessa,

I changed step 3 put commitment item field status as optional.

Test step

1. I don't add budget in commitment item, fund, fund center (T-CODE FMAVCR01).

2. I created credit request (t-code va01) again but system will not alert not enough budget.

I resend screen of step 2 .Flags "Account Assignment Derivation" and/or "Activate Update in Funds Management" are activated in customizing path PSM -> Funds Management Government -> Actual and Commitment Update/Integration -> Activate/Deactivate Funds Management" again as below,

Please help again.

Best regards,

Jittima K.

0 Kudos

Hi Jittima,

It seems to be that you are missing the AVC part.

I am not sure if you are using BCS or Former Budgeting but you must setup AVC and Budget

For Former Budgeting, please verify if all necessary AVC settings are done:

transaction SPRO

Public Sector Management

Funds Management Government

Former Budgeting

Availability Control (HERE)

For BCS:

transaction SPRO

Public Sector Management

Funds Management Government

Budget Control System (BCS)

Availability Control (HERE)

I believe that for this credit request you are creating at the end a FI document correct? If so, FM document should be created also. Did you check the report FMAVCR01 to see if the post was done there? If so, the part that you already customized is correct. Now, you just need to check and adjust the AVC part.

Regards, Vanessa.