cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in service order billing- total cost is positive but negative cost exists in different periods

pankajverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Need you advice/solutuin on the below scenario:

In a service order the total accumulated cost is positive, (some material positings has been reversed in some other periods, so that is displayed as negative cost in the cost overveiw): but when we try to the billing in DP90. it is asking for credit memo request also. 

In the DIP profile configuration following characteristics are maintained for generation of dynamic items:

Activity type, Cost element, Material, Object number, Period, Posting row, Transaction Currency, Unit of Measure,

As per my understanding negative cost is taken into consideration because of the "Period" characteristics maintained in the ODP1 tcode. And this is causing the creation of credit memo request due to cancelled postings in different period, as a result for that period total accumulated cost is not positive.

My analysis may not be correct, Please let me know your understanding on this and how we can handle this situation if not want to create the credit memo request (because it will require extra configuration i.e. sales area mapping etc and may lead to change in interfaces etc..)

Regards

Pankaj verma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pankajverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please give your inputs.