SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correction of Installed incorrect meter serial numbers.

monis_shakeel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to perform an activity to correct all incorrect meter serial numbers. (Serial Numbers at site and in SAP are different).

Is there a standard way of doing this as in Tcode: IQ02, -> Edit-> special serial number functions-->change serial no. , this activity is not allowed for IS-U Equipment.

Any other way by which we can do this ?

Regards,

Monis Shakeel

9 REPLIES 9

former_member227287
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Monis,

You can do the device replacement for the incorrect serial no with the correct serial no. Else you can do the full removal of the incorrect serial no and then do the full installation with the correct serial no.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Chandandeep.

0 Kudos

Thanks Chandandeep.

I have thought of this approach but the problem with this one would be that it will create a time slice on the bill and show different meters.

Also, the inventory would show more meters than we have although i think that can be managed by deleting the removed meters.

Just wondering if there is a way by which we can simply correct the meter numbers.

Regards,

Monis Shakeel

0 Kudos

Monis:

As you are finding, there is no mechanism to change the meter number.  You need to perform replacement unfortunately.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thanks William.

0 Kudos

Hi,

There is one more way to do this. you can create a dummy meter in ISU and fill the time slice with the dummy meter while performing meter replacement. This is what we do in our system for such cases.

Regards

Girish

monis_shakeel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Appreciate your reply Girish.

I would like to understand more about this process in detail. How do you fill time slices in the dummy meter.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a dummy meter by IQ01 and check the meter replace date of each device and where ever time slice is getting effected perform replacement with dummy meter.

Regards

Girish

0 Kudos

hi

there is a one more workaround. You may try this.

IQ02>Edit>Special Serial number functions> change serial number

0 Kudos

That function is not usable for ISU meters.