Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching the period control method during transfer within company code

h3n
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

due to a error while creating a asset (asset class was wrong) I created a new asset with the correct asset class. With the transaction ABMUN I transferred the values from the old/wrong asset to the new asset. Meanwhile a periodic depreciation run made a value correction on the old/wrong asset. The transfer within the company made a depreciation correction on the old asset and a transfer of the values from the old asset to the new asset. Anything is fine.

Example:

Asset OLD

value: 100 EUR lin deprecition for 5 years (LINI) 1,66 EUR per Month

deprecation 1,66 EUR

deprecation begin 1.1.2015

deactivated 1.1.2015

planed depreciation for 2016: 20 EUR

planed depreciation for 2017: 20 EUR

Asset NEW

value 0EUR

After the Transfer within the company

Asset OLD

value 0 EUR (LING)

depreciation 1,66 EUR (deprecition from the periodic run) - 1,66 EUR(deprecition correction)

depreciation begin 1.1.2015

deactivated 30.1.2015

Asset NEW

Value 100 EUR – 1,66 EUR = net book value = 98,34

depreciation begin 1.1.2015

planed depreciation for 2015: 1,66 EUR

planed depreciation for 2016: 20 EUR

planed depreciation for 2017: 20 EUR

planed depreciation for 2018: 20 EUR

planed depreciation for 2019: 20 EUR

planed depreciation for 2020: 18,34 EUR

This seems to bee the correct calculation. The cause for this is the periodic control method. LING has the control method 005 which means 06/06/08/08. I think this is the factory default. I do not understand why the planed depreciation starts in 2016.

Please, can someone help me in explaining why SAP creates a factory default for the depreciation key LING where the depreciation will bee pushed in the next year after the value of the asset will be transferred into a new asset? Is there any factual basis for 06/06/08/08 in the periodic control method?

Regards

Henning

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you  can change calculation method .you can try once period control method

0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

Period control will decide the which date to be post for Acequstion, Additions, Retirement and Transfers.  As per the combition it will post the date while do the above transactions.

06- At the start of the year and 08 - At the end of the year (=Start date of following year) that is the reason system is showing planned depreation for your new asset from 2016 which you trasfred from old asset to new asset.

Try 01/01/02/02 combination and check the values.  It may come as per your requiremnt.

Correect me if am worng.

Thanks & regards,

Gopi. P

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

SAP defaults some period control method, if there are suits our requirement then we can use otherwise create a new method as per your requirement.

Regards,

Mukthar

h3n
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

you are right. If I do not have a method I will make a new one for my own.

I think the SAP made the customizing Example for the periodic control 06/06/08/08 due to real requirements and I want to understand the requirements.

Regards,

Henning