SAP for Insurance Discussions
Engage in conversations about risk management, customer experience, and digital transformation using SAP in the insurance industry. Join the discussion!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Standard Solvency II solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I belong to an important Spanish Insurance company, that needs to be in compliance with Solvency II regulatory, which will be mandatory as of January 2016.

We already have a SAP R/3 installation, with Treasury Risk Management. But the regulatory mentioned before goes beyond, and we need to buy other SAP Licences...¿?

At this point, I am completely lost about the minimum SAP EPM licences to buy (and therefore the cost of an ordinary implementation, 2 months?, 3 months?...6 months?.

In detail, we need to cover QRT Assets-D1 and Assets D-3, and adapt our chart of accounts for the development of the new reporting.

I have read at the SAP official site this written below:

"Implement a clear process for the creation of Solvency II quantitative reports – with our rapid-deployment software and service package for insurance. Easily collect and integrate the data needed for reports such as Report to Supervisor (RTS) and Solvency & Financial Condition (SFCR)"

In internet, I have read too, that SAP BO PCM and SAP BO DM covers the Solvency II regulatory ... and are they both absolutely necessary to sover Solvency II? and what is the difference between these SAP BO modules?

Many thanks in advance for your time!

F. Albisu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi Patxi,

at SAP we have 2 Solutions helping to address Solvency II:

1. SAP Solvency Management for Insurance (covering Pillar 1 standard risk model calculations based on SAPs Insurance Analyzer Framework. Material: 70116080
  2. SAP Disclosure Management, XBRL reporting add-on for Solvency II Pillar 3....Material: 7017764

So in case you calculate your risk figures already somewhere else, e.g. partially for Market Risk in SAP Treasury and Risk Management maybe 2. can serve your requirements

The solution based on BO FC and Disclosure Management was a rapid deployment solution (starter package, not under maintenance) 2-3 years ago, which is widely spread in France. (But not belonging to our solution Portfolio 2015)

Best regards

Christian Kupper

Solution Manager Insurance

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

0 Kudos

Hi Patxi,

at SAP we have 2 Solutions helping to address Solvency II:

1. SAP Solvency Management for Insurance (covering Pillar 1 standard risk model calculations based on SAPs Insurance Analyzer Framework. Material: 70116080
  2. SAP Disclosure Management, XBRL reporting add-on for Solvency II Pillar 3....Material: 7017764

So in case you calculate your risk figures already somewhere else, e.g. partially for Market Risk in SAP Treasury and Risk Management maybe 2. can serve your requirements

The solution based on BO FC and Disclosure Management was a rapid deployment solution (starter package, not under maintenance) 2-3 years ago, which is widely spread in France. (But not belonging to our solution Portfolio 2015)

Best regards

Christian Kupper

Solution Manager Insurance

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks a lot for your input.

Yes I´ve heard about the rapid deploy solution based on a combination of SAP BO FC + SAP BO DM, but if it is already out of maintenance, we will try with DM to cover pillar 3.

Thanks! and best regards,

Patxi

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

About the second solution (SAP DM), you provided a SAP Note 7017764, that does not exist. Could you check the number please?

Or what do those numbers refer to?

Thanks,

Patxi

0 Kudos

Hi Patxi,

just to be precise: it never was under maintenance. It was just a starter package to ease the Setup for the customers that are using both. .

BR

Christian

0 Kudos

Hi Again,

as you had asked for licensing in our orginial post I added the right items in the solvency context. It´s not a SAP note, it´s the package you should pick on the solution cataloge/ Price list.

Your local SAP Account Executive can help you further.

BR

Chris

0 Kudos

Oh, thanks Christian!.

Best regards,

Patxi