cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where the history of Transaction Codes does get stored?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Today when I was working on one issue in one SAP system on my PC and later on another system observed that the transaction codes (tcodes) which are there in history were the same for both the systems.

Then I started searching for the table or a location where the transaction codes (tcodes) are getting stored which we entered on command line in SAP R3 system. Finally, after lot of search and some reading I found out the location.

This is a simple but very interesting thing to know how Operating system stores the SAP commands.

Below Steps

Let’s first see the list of transactions which are entered on command line. Later we will be getting the same list from OS level.

Logon to your SAP R3 system and see the history of tcodes on command line.

Now find out the location where this tcodes are getting stored at OS level.

Go to Start -> Run -> regedit and click ok. It will open the following screen.

Expand the node HKEY_USERS.

After that expand the selected node and again expand it.

Click on Software -> SAP -> SAPGUIFront.

Please note the path and you can directly open it and then compare it with your systems command line list.

However, I was curious about the all other transactions which are not in this list which user entered on the command line. Hence found one more way to find this data.

For that we need to go to my computer and click on Search and search the following path.

SAPHistory<User Name>.mdb

Once you click on Search it will give you the access file.

So i want know is there any other Tcode or procedure to got the same........!

Regards

Ashish Chanekar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Alternatively a very common matter known to many BASIS guys like checking through SAP Audit Log via SM19/SM20 for example in case of ECC system. Also like in windows server we will have sapmmc, there also some recent transactions by users you be able to see in Syslog. Also

Thanks,

Kaushik

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kaushik, this thread is about tcodes you see in the OK-CODE field in SAPGUI.

it has nothing to do with auditing from within SAP.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

file SAPHistory<User Name>.mdb conatins the transaction history.

this is a Microsoft Access file, but it is password protected... and this is not publicly known.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric ,

Thanks for your reply i know the same but i want to know another way? is it possible through any Tcode...

Regards

Ashish Chanekar

Marian1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually you can transfer SAP GUI history data following next steps:

Use this program: Access PassView v1.12

Open in Microsoft Access MDB file from computer 1 and MDB file from  computer 2. They are password protected but you can see their passwords via tool above.

Then just copy data from history table from MDB file 1 to MDB file 2.

Regards,

Marian