cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP run

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Can anybody pls tell me does system consider open PO qty, On order stock qty(rejected materials), Open PR qty while MRP run.

If yes How does it happen?

If suppose I want system not to consider above stock in MRP run,

How can I do It?

Pls suggest..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member698542
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

The system considers the Stock based on the strategy you define in the material master or MRP Group.

In availability check only, we define the types of stocks and receipts to be considered while availability check for example the PO qty, On order stock qty(rejected materials), Open PR qty etc.

thanks and regards

Murugesan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>During MRP Run Availability check is not carried out.</b>

The system calculates only the Net reqmts calculation .

Following is the formula in net reqmts calculation.

<b>Plant stock - safety stock +Receipts qty -Reqmts qty = Available stock</b>

If this available stock is - ve ie Available stock < Reqmts qty

then the system creates a procurement proposals for the shortage qty.

You can check the available stock in MMBE or in MD04 itself.

Double click the stock in MD04 and you will get the different type of stocks available in the plant stock and this stock will be taken out during MRP Run for

Net reqmts calculation.

Regards,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

Availability check is not relevant to MRP. Let's not get confused. It is relevant for order processing - prod/sale/planned/or any other.

Pravin,

It is only possible to leave out open PR and PO qty in MRP calculation.

Only stocks can be put in blocked stock, which could be made as not relevant for MRp calculation. This is can be done in MRP calculation customizing ,

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

1. Go to MM02.MRP view Check the availibilty rue.

2. Go to OPJJ see this availaibity group assign to which checking rule.this is called check of scope.

3. Select your PP checking rule whcih u are assigned in MRP plant parameter i.e OPPQ

4. See in OPJJ inward and outward movements and stocks.

If you dont want the Open PO consideration then meke that field DO NOT CHECK

Check this and revert me mail , if any querries feel free to ask

Regards

Siddhesh

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Folks,

Can anybody explain how Availablity check is relevant for MRP?

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasobh,

Fo finished parts: Depends on the planning strategy "availability check indicator", Availability checking group in MRP3 view and in the order type (discrete) OR rem profile (repetative)

If you maintained the above combinations then availablity check will be carried out during MRP for the finished parts.

For components: Availability check group in the MRP3 view and checking rule in the MRP gruop OR in the plant parameters.

MRP relevency totally depends on the MRP3 view availability check group. If no check is assigned then there will be no availability check in MRP.

I think you are aware about this but i dont know why you have posted this thread...

Please correct me if i am wrong because still i am a learner.

Regards

TAJUDDIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TAJUDDIN

I have the same question "how Availablity check is relevant for MRP". I follow the step you provide for Pravin. But the system generate procurement proposals after netting open PO/PR. For example, a material requiremnt is 100pcs, stcok is 30pcs and open PO is 50pcs. There is a 20pcs PR generated after MRP run <b>(but I deselect the "Inclu. purchase orders" in scope of check)</b>.

Regards,

Rita

siddheshwar_rajguru2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prashob,

Yah you are right, avialbility check is not relevent to MRP, only blocked stock wheather you want to consider or not , this can be done in MRP calculation.

I am soory , I was get confused and posted wrong answer.

Thanks for the mistake.

regards

Siddhesh

kmrcks
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai ,

I have done the same as you have suggested.

In my PR qty 36 , but it should be 7

stock - 14

po open order QTY - 29

When we execute PR QTY should be 7.

in the MRP view 1 - i have selected HB.

What i need to select

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kannan,

I am not sure what you have done, nor what is your expectation. 

Read all of expert Rajguru's answers, including the one where he states

Yah you are right, availability check is not relevant to MRP...I am sorry, I was get confused and posted wrong answer.

Purchase orders and unrestricted stock generally cannot be made 'un-relevant' for MRP in SAP standard.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Can you let us know, what is going to trigger the demand of the material you are talking about? Is is Consumption based planning?

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

As per knowledge PO item if it is rejected amend the purchase order or delete it

, for rejected stock post it blocked stock , or create rejected storage location and exclude from MRP. to do this SPRO - Production -MRP - Define Storage Location MRP per Plant

I think this will help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sandip,

for including rejected stock also we have an option in the scope of check i.e OPJJ under the stocks tab dat enable u to also include blockes stocks also into account.

Pravin you can also use this if you want to know what all stocks have been blocked so that you do not hve to use those materials.

Regards

Srinivasan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pravin,

To consider open order quantity from PO in MRP...this depends on the availability check group assign in MRP3 view of the material master...simultenously you need to assign the avialability checking rule (scope of check) in the MRP group and assign this to again to the component in the MRP1 view.

In this scope of check "you to to select include purchase orders".

If you do not want to consider rejected stock then take that stock into block or as inspection stock and same you can deselect the check bos from scope of check ..Transaction OPJJ

Please rewards your points if helpful.

Regards

TAJUDDIN