cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send report via mail on change

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Do you know if it's somehow possible to get a report send to mail as PDF only if the report changes?

I don't want to schedule reports and check them on changes, I only want to receive a report via mail if the report has changed from the last time it was send.

As I cannot find a solution in the standard scheduling feature, I wonder if this could be archived by the SDK?

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best way to do this would be to monitor the data itself and then use the SDK to schedule the report if the data has changed.  Trying to monitor the report itself for changes is the harder, less efficient way to do this.

-Dell

0 Kudos

Hi Dell, hi all,

This sounds promising, as I'm new to the SDK, could you suggest some code examples, to get started?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are sample Java applications available here: Java BusinessObjects Enterprise SDK Samples - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki.  These include examples for how to schedule reports.

-Dell

0 Kudos

Would it makes thing easier when I have a fixed schedule of export and e-mail a crystal report as PDF every hour? Here the same conditions should apply. Only export as PDF and send out the mail if the result of a query (source of Crystal Report) is different than one hour ago.

Answers (0)