cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding prices for not authenticated users in Web Channel Web Shop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement for hiding prices for all users who are not logged. The prices only will be shown once the users are authenticated into the system (Portal). Any ideas...?

Best Regards

David C

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I am not 100% sure that we do have any standard setting for enabling & diabling prices but we can acheieve it by changing our code and I don't think it will be a major change.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra,

Thank you so much for your input. Can you give more information in how to achieve this?? The things that I am thinking to that do are:

1. Set the the parameter for debugging to true... parameter is: wec-debug=true

2. Identify and Sync the DC

3. Make a Custom project and copy all the folders from the original DC identified

4. Modify and set the parameters for showing my custom development component instead from the standard one... Deploy Custom DC

5. Identify the method which call the showing prices in the UI

6. Once I get the line code in which the list prices are, I need to make a condition. First, I need to know if the user is logged or not. This point I do not how to do it.... I was searching for information and I found out that there is a super class that can get the session status:

UserUISessionState sessionState = (UserUISessionState)                             userUIUtils.getSessionObject(UserUISessionState.USER_UI_SESSION_STATE_S

7. Now that I know the session status I can decide. If the user is logged in call the method that show prices, otherwise show a simple text or something else.

Am I close to get the answer right or I am just tripping hahahahaha.... Can you give more info on how to do it...???? Thank you for everything. Best Regards..

David C.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Please use Development And Extension Guide WCEM 3.0 which can be downloaded from market place and it will help you to use SAP Recommanded way for development & extension.

In your pricing page you will be having user data/details, if this user data is null or blank than don't display prices else display. It will be a simple logic.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra,

Thank you so much for all information... I already downloaded the guide but I could not find any information about getting status from users logged..... How to know if a user is logged or not into the system...?? We got WCEM 1.0 and I found a Post for WCEM 3.0 Early logon http://scn.sap.com/community/crm/web-channel/blog?start=15 for some excluded pages they used this tag for encapsulate content on JSP:

<c:if test="#{wec:isEarlyLogonShopAndUserNotLoggedIn() == false}">

<YOUR CONTENT/>

</c:if>

• Do you think it might work...? Don't know if Early Logon is available for WCEM 1.0... I am still searching and testing...

Best Regards

David Cortés

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I don't think that Early Logon option is there in WCEM 1.0.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Answers (0)