cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build errors after migration from NWDI 7.01 to NWDS 7.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have been working at a client place as a Webdynpro Java consultant. Currently we are using NWDS, NWDI and Portal that are running on 7.01 version.

Now the client asked me to test the Webdynpro applications on NWDS 7.31 by importing the DCs from NWDI 7.01 and I tried this. The JDK version is JDK 1.6.0_18 for NWDS 7.31.

The DCs are imported and migrated, but got build errors after migration. I think this is because of deprecated dependencies in NWDS 7.31 version.

Could you please suggest me on how to resolve these errors?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

What is the version of the SC in the development track you are importing. Please quote the following 4 SC (as these are the 😞

- SAP_BUILDT
- WD-RUNTIME
- ENGFACADE
- ENGINEAPI

If you try to import development track with SC 7.01 in NWDS 7.31 with sure it will not work and you will bump into build errors.

For more details please consider very carefully this blog

Summary of the migration procedure...

1. create a new track in NWDI with SC of 7.31 (please make sure that the above mention SCs are there with version 7.31)

2. add in the very same track your customization code

3. import this track in NWDS 7.31

4. migrate the customizations

5. check-in the activities

6. activation of the activities. This will trigger central build.

7. if you release - it will be imported in CONSOLIDATION of CMS.

For more details regarding migration please refer to the following documents:

Migrating Web Dynpro Java Applications from SAP NetWeaver 7.0 to Composition Environment 7.1:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40af00ad-8080-2a10-88b5-cc4cec99d...

Migration of Web Dynpro Java DCs from 7.0 to 7.31 – Stepwise procedure and troubleshooting

http://scn.sap.com/community/web-dynpro-java/blog/2013/02/22/migration-of-web-dynpro-java-dcs-from-7...

"MIGRATING APPLICATION PROJECTS FROM SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 TO A HIGHER SAP NETWEAVER VERSION"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/257a6142ac539ae10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Regards

Milen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Is your dc is dependent to some other custom dcs?

Sometime we have to redefined the public parts of the dependent dcs to fix the build issue.

Thanks,

Patralekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am very sorry for the delay in response as I had to go on leave.

I have been trying to resolve the issues, but could not, please find the issues below.

What I am doing is:

1. Connecting to NWDI 7.01 from NWDS 7.31 and imported the configuration

2. Created a project from track which doesn't have any custom DC dependencies

3. When creating the project locally from track, it asked for the migration and got migration warning after migration

4. I got build errors and other errors as shown in below pictures

Please guide me on how to resolve them.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the type of Build Errors and location, if it is due to deprecated API's, try re-correcting code with new API's available in new JDK version.