cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on fiscal year change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have done fiscal year change (AJRW) for fixed asset on 1st april 2015, I have not done the asset year end closing, as we still have many more entries to come for the year 2014-15. When the fiscal year change has been done, there is no error and it went smooth. But not when I try to post the entry with transaction "ABGL" or "ABGF" I am gettin error that "You cannot post to asset in fiscal year 2014", "Fiscal year chage has not yet been performed"

But the fact is I have completed the fiscal year change for the assets successfully. Just to confirm, the "OAAQ" will change the fiscal year after after running "AJAB" correct?

Please advise...

Regards

Shailesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member

Hi Joshi, have you checked assest master data fiscal year is changed ? posting period is changed for the assests in OB52?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

Yes, this situation happens, when we post entries FI-AA entries in closed last fiscal year. Even though you have closed FY and verified in OAAQ.

Now, you must execute AJAB in test run again to identify the additional assets. Once you find, repeat the same exercise so that correct AA values will carryforward.

Santosh

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

Try to verify if there is any other validation rule. I saw some projects that I can post in the QAS because user asks to put a validation rule with user's data set to block any other who try to post documents. Only the users what is in this data set can post document when the period is closed, according OB52 and if the period can be opneded after the same period closed.

JPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me for Asset Accounting, 2 fiscal years can be kept open at same time, Now in your case, I understood that FY 2015 you have opened through AJRW but you have not closed the FY 2014. Can you kindly check that in T-Code OAAQ which Fiscal Yeart system is showing and also in Table T093C enter your company code and in that which Fiscal Year system is showing. As in OAAQ we can get information for last closed FY which should be 2013 and in T093C Table we get the FY which is the latest opened FY which should be 2015 in present case.

Regards,

Malhar.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

Yes, you are right after run the t.code AJAB the fiscal year have been changed in OAAQ. However, you have run the t.code AJRW in production run. If yes, then check the OB52, whether posting periods are open for new FY.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Yes, Peirod is open for 2015. When I go to the asset AW01N, it shows me asset in fiscal year 2015.

But now alllowing me to post the entry in 2014.

Please guide

Shailesh

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

Unless you do year end closing for AA for the previous year, system will allow you to post previous year as well as in current year.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not done the year end closing, I have done only fiscal year change. In test run when I ran the AJRW and even in update run system did not show me any error, it was successful.

But now when I try to post the entry in fiscal year 2014, it is showing me message that "Fiscal year change is not yet done"

Pleaes guide

Regards

Shailesh

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

Have you checked the job log in update run?

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes in update run as well there is no error. Even when I go to AW01n, system shows me asset in the year 2015.

Please guide

Shailesh

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

Share screen shot of the error.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos