cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livecache 7.9 DB Studio Backup Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am using DB studio for the first time. I can trigger and successfully execute backups through DB Studio for my LC database. But I notice that it is writing to the default path - Run Directory : /sapdb/<SID>/data/wrk/<SID>. I must mention here that I am choosing the option of 'File' as my backup medium. Now I understand that the Run directory path is maintained in the parameter file <SID>.pah.

My question over here is can I change this path to write to the file system which I have for backups. Is the run directory path linked to other executable which may have an impact if the path is changed. Also another question is , I noticed that it is asking for a file name every time I trigger a backup. So if I schedule this backup through DB13 by choosing the Livecache database , how do I adjust the name of the backup file for every occurrence of the backup.

Thanks

Surajit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Surajit,

Did you mean the backup medium was written to run directory? What is the output of dbcmlic command?

dbmcli -d <dbsid> -u <username>,<password> backup_template_show all

We do not recommend to change run directory.

Best regards,
James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Yes every time I trigger the backup using DB Studio it just writes into the run directory itself.

Here is the output that you requested;

The file ASL_COM is the name of the backup file and it writes directly into the RUN directory. I am also attaching the  screenshot from DB studio;

This is the screen that I get and here it doesn't allow me to change the file name or the file path.

Thanks

Surajit

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Surajit,

please give the absolute path to the file. I mean full file name

best regards,

James

Answers (1)

Answers (1)