Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts/notes on Ibase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm in a IC service scenario.

I want to use texts on ibase components.  The GSText assignment block is available on the object overview page PRDIOOV/ObjectOV.

However, the create button is greyed out.

What needs to be done as to activate these texts on the ibase?  Are these texts integrated with ERP?

Thanks for your response!

Best regards,

Carl

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rene_markytan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Carl,

the activation (visibility) of the button "NEW" depends on the source system in which the Product / Equipment was created. If you are trying to add it in the same system where the Product was created then you should see the "NEW" button otherwise this button will be disabled. This is as per the design. Kindly check in the source system where the Product was originally created.

Hopefully it helps,

Best regards

Rene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

Thanks for your swift answer.

the object (Functional location) was indeed created in ERP, so this explains.

On the other hand, if I add a text in ERP, shouldn't this text be displayed in this component as well?

Rgs, Carl

rene_markytan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Carl,

Usually equipments are created in R/3 and then they are flown to CRM systems where you can see them as IBASE. There are some details which are coming from R/3 and this can't be changed in CRM system as information flows only from R/3 to CRM and not vice versa. So not only basic texts, there are some other fields which are also greyed out as well as these can only be changed in the source system but not in CRM.

So if you want to update the basic texts then you need to change that in the ECC system and automatically this will be updated in CRM which you will be able to see.

Technically, activating / de-activating the Notes depend on the Logsys of the Product. If the Logsys is different than the system in which you are editing the Product then it is de-activated.

For any change you want to perform on the Note, you will have to do it in ECC and then later get it replicated to CRM.

Hope this explains the system behavior.

Br

Rene