Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up Knowledge article CRM on HANA

naveenkolathuru
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are using HANA database as a primary database. I'm in process of configuring Knowledge management using the best practice C3G/C29.

I did not get answers to below questions even after reading documentation on knowledge management and OSS notes(1254901,1517236,1703338,1730098,1770286,1773525,1777201,1789329,1789386,1792053,1816407,1817417).

1. Is it necessary to Install TREX even though the database is HANA ?

2. How to connect SAF(software agent framework) to HANA  , SAF uses TCP/IP RFC connections to TREX ?

I have selected HANA database as search engine in below path.

SAP NetWeaver system and launch the Implementation Guide (IMG) by using transaction SPRO. Navigate to the node  Search and Operational Analytics  Common Settings for Operational Analytics and Embedded Search  Configure Indexing  Define TREX/BWA Destination or SAP HANA Database Connection .

As I'm using HANA database I can't use RFC destination of TREX TCP/IP connections and TREX was not installed.

Please guide me how to set up knowledge article in CRM on HANA db.

similar issue thread is unanswered since a year.

Thanks,

Naveen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Did you successfully implement this yet? could you please share your experience?

Thanks

Sunita

naveenkolathuru
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Please update anyone has idea on above issue.

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

This thread has not been answered anyone unfortunately. 

Could you please help me with your experience as I am working on the same use case now.

How to setup the knowledge articles without TREX in CRM on HANA database.

Please help.

Regards,

Maddy