cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nakisa OrgChart 4.1 SP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey All,

We are running Nakisa OrgChart 4.1 SP2, build 0911032902 and are having issues with some users receiving an error message stating '"Login Failed. Either you are trying to access the application outside of portal. Or the portal issued ticket is rejected or expired. Or the user account is not assigned to an appropriate role".

The users are receiving this message when trying to export to a PDF, generate chartbook, printing a org unit/position details page, etc.  Essentially any action that causes a pop-up to open it happens.  But it only happens on certain PC's.  The user can go to another PC in the same building/network and the actions execute as expected with no error message.  We've tried resetting IE's settings, checking to be sure each IE settings are the same, and to be sure the correct version of flash is installed.  The users are attempting this within IE 9/10 and also have tried in compatibility mode with no success.  Attached is the CDS log from a user who had the message pop up when attempting to export to PDF.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lane.

That looks like the pop-ups are not getting access to the session cookie.

You mention you've tried resetting IE's settings, but have you specifically tried clearing out temporary files including all cookies on one of the affected PCs?

Also are there any differences in any installed IE add-ons between the machines?

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, we have tried clearing the temporary files, cookies, and cache.  It resolved another flash issue with displaying the OrgChart boxes, but not this issue.

The add-ons enabled within IE are identical on each PC.  Are you aware of an add-on that could cause this issue?

Thanks,

Lane

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lane.

Add-ons could in theory affect cookies so it was just an idea - hence asking about differences.  I don't know of any that would specifically cause this issue. I try to run IE with no add-ons.

If the browsers are truly identical and as "fresh" as could possible be then my next thought would be something different in some code libraries the app is referencing.  I've not seen that sort of thing cause this exact issue before, but at this point I guess you have to start looking at the resources outside the browser.  Unless they are managed PCs, you could potentially have different patches and service packs applied.  Though saying that even managed PCs can have variations where libraries are updated for particular apps.  So my next suggestion would be to verify the updates applied to the PCs and see if there's any commonality - e.g. all the ones having issues have update X applied or are missing update Y.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have though to run it with no add-ons, but we use the flash based version and it will not display the OrgChart without running Flash.

They are managed PCs, but they state they should be the same.  The system folks are going to wipe the PC and re-image it back to standard as a fresh build and see if that does it.  We will have them to take a look and compare the different machines to see if they can identify any anomalies

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lane.

Did you manage to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Stephen.