Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we directly give command from sap and print labels from server directly

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guys ,

I know we can print different ways for label printing .

1. from glm pt tool

2. from sap to printer

3. bur can we print directly from server to printer ? if we can what ehp version does it support ?

Regards,

K G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

christian_hund
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

you can print directly from the WWI Server to the printer with GLM enhancements codenamed "GLM+".

GLM+ is available in EHP7 and as downport to EHP6 SP08, EHP5 SP11. It is included in your EHS license.

For further information see note 1934253

Best regards,

Christian

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krisha

after rereading GLM+ and other documentation: you should dig deeper in SAP marketplace; there seems to be the option to use the server direct for printing. We are not using it therefore check Marketplace

C.B:

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

not sure about your demand. My picture is "simple"

1.) using SAP ERP (EHS GLM component) you prepare the lables to be printed

2.( using label print transaction you select label and then print (in this case WWI process is used)

(with EnhPack7 you have ontop options; refer below)

PLEASE CHECK: http://events.asug.com/2013ac/product%20lifecycle%20management/2702%20news%20about%20sap%20ehs%20man...

Page 29

The "Server" (I assume WWI server) is needed to make this happen. I am not aware of any kind of option (even with GLM+) there you can use "server" (assumption: WWI server) without SAP connection to print something:

But with "GLM +" (which is available witrh ECC 6.0 enhPack7) lot more options have been delivered. I am not sure but may be one of the "old" Technidsta solutions might have been ported as well. In this scenario you "move" the reports to "server" and then using the "server" and some "dialog" you could d mass printing etc.

Check:

to get some ideas about GLM new options (and clearly check SAP online help)

Links which might be usefule are these:

Label Printing - Global Label Management (EHS-SAF-GLM) - SAP Library

Label Printing Using PC - Global Label Management (EHS-SAF-GLM) - SAP Library

PLease explain more your needs (what should be achieved etc.

C.B.)