cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to 4.2 SP4 corrupted custom functions in central repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently upgraded a repository from 4.2 SP1 to 4.2 SP4 and all the custom functions in the central repository (after being upgraded with repository manager) are no longer able to be check-out, can't get latest version, can't even export them...  nothing.  Each time I interact with anything dependent on these functions I get the following error:

I've logged out completely, refreshed multiple times and nothing is solving the issue.  The functions correctly show up, but cannot be edited in any way.  Please help.

both local and central repos are on MS SQL Server 2008 R2.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just to update we also got similar kind of issue as below when adding jobs to the Central repository.

We have installed DS 4.2 SP05 and IPS 4.1 SP04. And migrated jobs from XI 3.2 SP03.

We fixed this by upgrading with Patch1 for SP05.

Thanks for all!

Thanks

Venky

Taeket
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We had exactly the same problem directly after upgrading from 4.2 SP2 to SP5.  The issue was fixed once we rolled out Patch1 for SP5.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the info, I have the same problem with the version 4.2.5.

Does anybody know when it's supposed to be released the patch 1 of the SP 5?

Regards,

Daniele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message from support was that Patch 1 for SP5 should be released by the end of July/beginnig of August 2015.

Cheers,

roman

0 Kudos

Issue seems to be only on client side - i have downgraded the Version to SP4 without any Patch on our Terminal Server and now everything works fine.

JobServer is still running with SP4 Patch 2.

regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP support told me that the problem will be fixed with SP 5 Patch 1.

Regards,

Till

eric_raskin
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi:

For me, the best solution was to start over with DS 4.2 SP4 without patches.  Everything with the central repo was fine when I did that.

Something is seriously wrong with all installs for DS 4.2 SP4 patch level 1 and beyond, including DS 4.2 SP5 (which is what I had installed originally).

Does anybody know if a bug has been filed yet?

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we can confirm that the problem also occurs with DS 4.2 SP3 PL5.

We tried before also DS 4.2 SP5 and got the same issue.

Regards,

Till

eric_raskin
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have just tried to go to Data Service 4.2 SP 5 and it has the same issue.

I copied my 4.1 repository to a new user and then ran the repository upgrade manager.  Everything completed successfully, but the repository is now corrupted.  I get exactly the same issue as the original post.  I deleted and successfully re-added my project into the central repository, but I still can't check it back out.

So, whatever went wrong in SP4 - PL1 has not been fixed yet and continues in SP 5.

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Please refer the below details:

• You have all Jobs in your old secure central repository (Version 4.1)?

Below steps for work around

• If yes then create new local repository (Version 4.1) transport the jobs.

Below steps for Trasport Jobs from Old Secure Central to New Secure Central repository:

• Upgrade 4.1 local repository using SAP Business Objects Data Services repository manager or REPOMAN command
    • Add 4.2 local repository in Central Management console.
    • Create new schema for secure central repository (For version 4.2)
    • Configure new Secure central repository (For version 4.2)
    • Now Open 4.2 new upgraded local repository then add Configure new Secure central (For Version 4.2)
    • Transport all Jobs with dependent to new Secure central (For Version 4.2)

Hope this will work!!!!

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

By doing this, I will lose the entire previous history of change. Also change comments will be lost. Is there a method to preserve the history of changes?

Peeter

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Peter you are right doing above activity you will lost all history details., Only you will get the Jobs and there dependent.

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update...

I un-installed BODS SP4 PL1 and re-installed SP4 with no patch level.

Now the client works correctly with the central repository.  Issue solved - but I would again caution anyone upgrading to SP4 - PL1 not to do so.

Issue was not with the repository upgrade, but the SP4 PL1 client.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cheers!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can now confirm that the upgrade to SP04 PL1 is somehow faulty.

• I restored a central repository back to 14.2.1 (SP01) and pointed the old client to it and was able to fully manipulate the custom functions without issue.
  • I then ran the RepoManBatch.exe utility (to be able write all output all messages to a file (attached)) which logs the upgrade of the repository as successful
  • Pointed the new client at the newly upgraded central repo and all the above errors began happening once again

Getting our SAP team to log as OSS ticket - my suggestion would be to hold off on SP04 PL1 for customers with our particular setup until this issue is resolved.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

Looks like the repository is getting corrupted after the upgrade to SP4 Latest patch.

Yes, please get hold of the SAP Support team

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made sure the repository upgrades were completed successfully.  And we did not notice the issue for a few days afterwards.  I would like to see if we can solve this without reverting to backups.  Althought that is where I think I'm headed.

Additionally we discovered a new error after the upgrade.  Whenever we try to "compare" from the central for custom functions we get the following error message in Designer (notice the missing table entry in the SQL statement):

I figure the table should be:  AL_EXT_FUNCTEXT

Something really bad happened with the repository manger upgraded - even though it said it was successful.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

Did the upgrade process from 4.2 SP1 to 4.2 SP4 complete successfully when you upgraded using Repository Manager.

If you have a backup of 4.2 SP1 repository version can you please upgrade the repository to 4.2 SP4 and check the Latest version after upgrade is finished successfully.

It seems that you are directly doing a Check in of dependent objects first.

Try the below steps:

1) First add only the object without dependents

2) Add only the custom function to the central repository see if that works

Please note the following points

You can add a single object to the central repository, or you can add an object with all of its dependents to the central repository. When you add a single object, such as a data flow, you add only that object. No dependent objects are added.

The error message suggests that dependent objects is missing.

Please refer to Advanced DS reference Guide

Refer to section

To add an object and its dependent objects to the central repository

https://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir32SP2/en/xi321_ds_adv_dev_en.pdf

Regards

Arun Sasi

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

Please refer the below KBA

2038645 - BODI-1112275 Unable to add objects with dependents into Central Object Library - SAP Data Services 4.2

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2038645

Hope this will help!!!!!

Thanks,

Daya