cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport In Nakisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new in this area, required your expert suggestion.

We have to add one field in the OrgUnitEmployeeDetail. Everything is done and working in the quality system.

Now, we need to transport the same in the Production system. RFC changes transported through normal ECC transport.

But issue is that how to transport the Nakisa side changes. Please guide step by step or refer any blog for that.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anumit.

I'm guessing this is for OrgChart (see ), so assuming it is, here's roughly how I'd do it.

1. Export the QA configuration build from QA AdminConsole.

2. Import the QA configuration build into PRD AdminConsole.

Details on how to import/export builds can be found in the admin user guide.

3. Load the new build in PRD AdminConsole.

4. Amend and test the SAP data connections in the data connection centre for use with the source PRD system.

5. Amend and test the database data connections in the data connection centre for the production database if you are using a database.

6. Amend the SAP connection details in authentication.

7. Update the root IDs for any charts you are using where they differ from QA.

8. If you are storing user preferences or notes you will need to initialise the tables for these as you would have done in QA.

9. If you are storing analytics in a database, test the data connection in the staging configuration (sometimes it doesn't take from data connection centre) and specify the root org unit ID if it differs in PRD from that in QA.

10. Publish the build.

11. Give it a basic test.

12. If you are using staged analytics, run the extract/join/analytics from AdminConsole.  Once complete verify the analytics are displaying correctly.

13. If you are using staged analytics, schedule the command line extract/join/analytics from task scheduler, cron, etc. and again test the analytics once complete.

Regards,

Stephen.

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also worth noting that in the Admin guide (PDF) there is a section called "Build Management".

The admin guide for OrgChart 4.3 in English, is called "OrgChart_VSN43_Admin_En.pdf".

Stephen

Answers (0)