cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slowness in loading Fiori: Chrome stalls for 20s

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor

Hello,

I replicated this scenario is couple of servers, so you should be able to replicate at your end as well.

In Chrome,

Step1. Clear the browser cache, load the FIori launchpad and keep the Network tab (in F12) open.

Step2. On the Launchpad, moment any tile loads and becomes clickable, click on it to open it. (I would say this is what a normal end user would do.)

You have to be quick on this step.

Now Chrome will freeze for 20 seconds.

If you carefully see the network tab, this is what actually happens in background. (see here)

When you load the launchpad, even though launchpad becomes clickable, one of the bigger library file ext-core.js (compressed size of 1.2MB) keeps downloading in the background. If you click on any tile before this download completes, then the app makes another call to ext-core.js, since this file is not yet available in cache. (we did not let it complete download). Now that Chrome sees two calls for the same request, it implements a 20s timeout before issuing the second call.

Anyone see this as a issue? and has any ideas to overcome htis stall?

Reagrds

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Krishna,

I too facing the same issue. The chrome stalls till the core-ext.js file is fully downloaded making the app go freeze. Due to poor connectivity issues, this launchpad stuck for couple of minutes too.Have you found any solution regarding the same. I am in the middle of deployment. Kindly help.

Regards

Parth

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Will update once available.

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We raised message to SAP and SAP gave the fix in SAP UI version 1.28.6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

Thanks a lot for your reply

Right now our system is on 1.26.1 version. So I need to upgrade it to 1.28.6 as suggested by you. So note 2118663 will only suffice the requirement or shall I first upgrade it to 1.28.6 and than that note will act as a patch?

Kindly help

Thanks in advance!!

Regards

Parth

Answers (0)