cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Cockpit on a remote server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I installed SCC and Cockpit on a separate Windows server without an IQ server, the idea of using this server to run the SCC and Cockpit services instead of having those services running locally on the same server as IQ is running. SCC is fine and I have registered both ASE and IQ servers in it. Cockpit is running, but when I try to start it, it demands a system as well as user and password. The system drop down is blank and I can't continue without having a system listed. How can I get it to use a remote IQ server?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

What version for IQ server and IQ cockpit? I would stop and restart IQ cockpit and are you running Cockpit agent on IQ server machine as well?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cockpit 4.0. I installed only the SAP Control Center, Cockpit Framework, and SAP IQ Client and SAP IQ ODBC Driver from an IQ 16 install. There is no IQ server running on this Windows server (server "A"). Cockpit and SCC are installed on the remote server (server "B") which does have the IQ Server running, but Cockpit and SCC are not running. The idea being we could use SCC/Cockpit running on "A" to administer the IQ server running on "B". I got SCC configured and working, but I can't get Cockpit to display a System when trying to log in.

I appreciate any suggestions you may have.

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

You do need to start cockpit on your IQ server machine. Cockpit only manages IQ server running on the same machine. And IQ server is on same machine, and was started after COCKPIT, then I would suggest stopping and restarting IQ COCKPIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saroi so architecture like David described is not possible?

Our CT also wants to have dedicated server for SCC and cockpit, but he wants to use cockpit to administrate IQ remotely.

Does Cockpit need to be installed on server running IQ server?

How does it gather information about servers available to connect to?

Marian

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marian,

Yes,  you do need IQ Cockpit running local on SAP IQ machine, Discovery Process  detects  IQ server running on the machine . You can connect to IQ cockpit running on SAP IQ machine using browser from your window machine

Thanks

Saroj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know if it is planned discovery process to detect also remote servers in the future?

Marian

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not aware of any plans, but will check and let  you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would be great.

Thx

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

No plans, it is out of the scope of IQ Cockpit functionality

Answers (0)