cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OIF FPM_SAVE to save data on all Tabs

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am writing a program for Material Master.

I developed one WD component which implemented IF_FPM_SHARED_DATA (say WDC1).

And several more components for different data for different modules (say WDC2, WDC3, ...).

Base on WDC1 I created Application Configuration on FPM_OIF_COMPONENT, and add the components WDC2, WDC3, etc, as tabs in the configuration.

There is a Save button on the toolbar which is good.

The problem is, when I click Save, it only trigger the PROCESS_EVENT of the front component.

But I want to save the data on all of the tabs, instead of one by one, which is totally not acceptable.

Please guide me, let me know the best practice, I am quite new on Webdynpro.

Regards

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vivek_priyadarshi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Have you tried implementing the Application controller  (IF_FPM_APP_CONTROLLER). If this is implemented all UIBB's will participate in all FPM events. This should resolve your issue.

Regards,

Vivek

0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

Thanks for the clue, I will try and let you know.

Regards

John

0 Kudos

Excellent Vivek, it do resolve my problem.

Below is what I did:

1. Implement IF_FPM_APP_CONTROLLER on WDC1 (see my initial post);

2. Go to the configuration of OIF, General Settings, Floorplan Settings, then Application Controller Settings, put WDC1 and save

3. Move the ABAP code in methods PROCESS_EVENT of each tab to AFTER_PROCESS_EVENT of WDC1

Done! Any time I click Save button AFTER_PROCESS_EVENT will be called, and over there I can get all of the data I need and do what I want.

Methods PROCESS_EVENT are just given up.

Regards

John

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

johannes_konings
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi John,

I have recreated it with a test application. Unfortunately, it seems that only the tab displayed is processed.

I have found no way that all tabs are processed.

regards
Johannes
0 Kudos

Thank you Johannes, it's a nice try.

Regards

John