cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Login into SAP IDM Developer Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am installing IDM 8.0. According to the Installation Guide in SAP Identity Management Installation Guide - SAP Library . I have reached to the Adding the Initial Identity store phase.  I have created the user as Idmadmin in the NWA/Identity portal. The issue is, I find the Identity store option disabled in the IDM developer studio and when I try to Login into the Identity management Developer studio with the same user Idmadmin and the required password. Even though the username and password entries are correct I'm unable to login, instead I'm getting a error message stating "Login Failed" . I cannot proceed further with the addition of the identity store without logging in. Could anyone please let me know whether there are any changes need to be done or if there is any different procedure to accomplish this task.

Thanks

Madhav J         

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

Is the user IdmAdmin the same user that was created during the IdM 8 installation?

Check the table mc_users for available users.

Regards,

Ole K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ole,

As per your suggestion, I checked the mc_users table but the user over there is IDMDEV and not IDMADMIN. Later, I tried adding this user IDMDEV into the NWA Portal and assigned the required roles, but there is no change. I'm still facing the same problem with logging in the Developer studio. Are there changes to be made further, if so please let me know.

Regards,

Madhav J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Medhav,

Then IDMDEV is the user to use for Developer Studio. This user have to exist in UME, but do not need any specific roles.

Are you able to log into UME with this user?

Can you add a screenshot of how you configured the Connection in Developer Studio?

Regards,

Ole K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ole,

Thanks for you r reply. I have added the IDMDEV user in the UME database. But still facing the same issue. The procedure through which I have configured the connection in developer studio is

Logged into the portal nwa/ identity--> created the user IDMDEV and assigned the required roles saved the user.

Is this procedure correct or need to follow up some steps?  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Medhav,

To configure the Developer Studio connection, you need to go to Window/Preferenses in Developer Studio.

You will then find SAP Identity Management/Connections

Regards,

Ole K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

According to the installation document I have done this configuration. I have already configured the connections in Developer studio.

Regards,

Madhav J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Medhav,

Just wanted to check your connection settings in DEvStudio and if the IDMDEV user can log on to UME.

If all this is OK and you don't see any errors in the developer traces I'm kind of lost...

Regards,

Ole K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

In the Developer studio environment, I found the following  error message in the error log. What is the issue with? Is it with the credentials specified during login or is it related to the improper configuration of IDM developer studio?

Regards,

Madhav J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Medhav,

Looks to be a problem with your network settings.

You should open an OSS for this to be checked.

Regards,

Ole K.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

hI Madhav J

SSL configuration is very easy in AS-JAVA and IDM8

please follow these steps

1. enable ssl  and create self sign certificate on nwa > configuration >Security > ssl on port 50001 or any other port you wish to use

2. then click on export entry  your certificate and copy into c:\program files\java\java version\lib/security\ ( please check windows java environment for correct java path )

3. export SAPLogonKeypair.cert from TicketKeystore (/nwa) and copy into c:\program files\java\java version\lib\security\

4. then use this command to add all certificate into java cacerts

keytool -import -alias my_ssl_cert -file certificate_name .crt -keystore cacerts

then open Developer studio and configure port 50001

Regards,

Mohinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

Thanks for providing me the whole procedure to configure the SSL. Actually I didn't get how to enable SSL as you said in you first point. (1. enable ssl  and create self sign certificate on nwa > configuration >Security > ssl on port 50001 or any other port you wish to use). Could you please please help me with that. I know how to proceed with rest of the part. I even tried all the steps  specified in your procedure but still the issue exists. Please help me to know how to enable the SSL. 

Thanks and Regards,

Madhav J

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Please follow these steps :

1. 1. Assign administration rights for performing these steps in SAP NetWeaver Administration.

2. Download SAP Cryptography Library from
    http://service.sap.com/swdc-> Installations and Upgrades -> Browse our Download
    Catalog -> SAP Cryptography Software -> SAPCryptolib for Installation
    ->  SAPCRYPTOLIB X_X_X -> <OS> -> Latest SAPCRYPTOLIB_<XX>.SAR

3. Extract the contents of SAPCRYPTOLIB_<XX>.SAR using SAPCAR tool. e.g.
    (cmd> SAPCAR –xvf SAPCRYPTOLIB_<XX>.SAR)

4. Copy & Paste the library, the configuration tool, and the license ticket
    to the corresponding directories

SAP Cryptographic Library & Configuration Tool:
    /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe.

Ticket: /usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/sec.

5. Now, log on to SA Net Weaver Administration i.e.
    http://<j2ee_host_name>:50000/nwathen go to Configuration -> Security -> SSL and click to
    open the configuration tool.

6. Select the instance and push the Edit button and then browse the SSL Library and Ticket file.

7. In SSL Access Points section, choose the Add pushbutton.

8. Enter the number of the port (e.g. 50001)

9. Select the Protocol (e.g.HTTPS)

10.Select the keystore view (e.g. Instance Default)

11. Select the Client Authentication Mode (e.g. Request)

12. Finally push SAVE button to save the all configuration objects and restart the ICM to take effect the changes.

13. Open Web Browser and enter the below URL https://<j2ee_host_name>:<ICM_https_port>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

I tried you steps to enable SSL and when I open the web browser and try to enter https://<j2ee_host_name>:<ICM_https_port>( In my example  it is https://localhost:50001). I'm getting an error message stating that "There is a problem with this website's security certificate." What does this mean? Has the SSL no been configured correctly?

Thanks and Regards,

Madhav J

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Error is fine for you. this certificate is self sign certificate thats why this error is coming but you can bypass it there is no harm or functionality issue. both ports will work 50000 and 500001 , for dev studio connection with server configuration you should use 50001 for other work you can use 50000.

don't forget to add ssl certificate in javatool  it is must otherwise you will get different SSL error again.

But if  you need to fix this error you need to purchase ssl certificate from SSL providers like . Godaddy ,versign etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I will try with this and let you know.

Thanks,

Madhav J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

I have tried with whatever you have said. But still the issue exits.Could you please provide any other solutions?

Thanks,

Madhav J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

Which problem are you referring to?

Is it "There is a problem with this website's security certificate." or is it the Developer Studio login.

Regards,

Ole K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

I have tried with whatever you have said. But still the issue exits.Could you please provide any other solutions?

Thanks,

Madhav J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

The problem is related with the IDM developer studio login.

Regards,

Madhav J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you still getting the "Unable to tunnel through proxy"?

Ole K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

I don't see that error now. But I can see "java.net.SocketException: Connection reset" Error message in the IDM Developers studio's error log.

Thanks,

Madhav J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

You might have a firewall issue between your Developer Studio client and the server.

Regards,

Ole K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ole,

I have checked the Firewall settings. But the firewall is turned off.

Thanks,

Madhav J

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

sorry for late reply

Please verify these settings.

1. Check Java Environment set in path.

2. Verify Which Java Version you are using

3. Keytool must be used in current working java  there is one file called cacerts  in Security Folder. password of javatool is changeit

4. have you imported ssl SAPLogonKeypair.cert

Please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

I have verified all the settings specified by you.

1.  Java Environment path is set and it is C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin

2.  The Java Version is Java Runtime 7

3.  Keytool command is giving error stating that Access id Denied

4. I have only imported ssl-credentials-cert.crt and placed it in the required directory as you have specified but not imported SAPLogonKeypair.cert.

From where should I import  SAPLogonKeypair.cert? I think this might be only the issue.

Please help me to proceed further.

Thanks,

Madhav J

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

1. Please run cmd as administrator and then run keytool ( Access Dined error will gone)

2.  SAPLogonKeypair.cert is in NWA> Configration > Security > Cerificates and Keys > TicketKeystore in this store you will find SAPLogonKeypair.cert export from here and then import in keytool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

As per your suggestion when I executed CMD as Administrator it worked..

I have exported the SAPLogonkeyPair from the path  you suggested, even imported it using keytool. But still this issue exits.

Thanks and Regards,

Madhav J

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please which java path Dev studio is using ? also please let me know where you are configuring studio means on server or on any other pc?

Also please disable any proxy setting in dev studio and in browser if you are using .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

Sorry for the late reply. I have checked the Java path and also  set it to the where JDK is installed. But still the issue exists.

Thanks and Regards

Madhav J

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

I am also getting error while trying to login Idm Developer Studio.

Could you please check the thread and help me to fix the error.

Regards,

C Kumar

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please enable SSL on AS-JAVA and then configure Eclipse hostname should be same as ssl certificate and then export this certificate and add into java security with the help of keytool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

Thanks for your reply. Could you please tell me the procedure to enable SSL on AS_JAVA.

Thanks & Regards,

Madhav J

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ole, I will have look at this.

Regards,

Madhav J

todor_boyadzhiev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Looks like you are using port 50001 which is for SSL connection. And the error is HTTP not HTTPS. That menans that the SSL is not configured.

You have three options:

1) Try connecting on port 50000

2) configure SSL

3) Disable SSL with adding the option IS_HTTPS=false located here:

C:\Users\Administrator\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings\com.sap.idm-dev-studio-userinterface.prefs

Other issues that might be the root cause:

1) Make sure you follow the naming convention for the DevStudio Data Source. I think yours is different than the one described in the documentation.

2) Check the settings of the Data Source - Have in mind that in 8.0 we are using 2 data sources one for the UI and one for the Studio - double check the documentation for that.

3) User must be in UME and user must have IDM authenticated role assigned - check this again in the docu

Regards

Todor

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How would the IS_HTTPS bet set up as it appears the PREFS file is XML formatted.

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

The com.sap.idm.dev-studio-userinterface.prefs file is not XML.

Just add this line to disable HTTPS:

IS_HTTPS=false

Regards,

Ole K.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ole.  This is looking like an important file.  Might have to do some writing on it...

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Todor,

I have tried with whatever you have said and also ensured that the Datasource name is same as the one specified in the document. But still the issue exists. Could you please provide me any other solutions?

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Chenyang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

In addition to Ole's reply. Did you check the log viewer of AS JAVA for error messages? It gives you more clue on what exactly happened. Better to select developer trace.

Cheers,

Chenyang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chenyang,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the logviewer of the AS JAVA for error messages but I couldn't find any error related with the Login  of the developer studio. But, I have found some Java exceptions in developer studio's error logs. The error message is as follows.

Error

java.io.IOException: Unable to tunnel through proxy. Proxy returns "HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden"

Please help me to proceed further.

Regards,

Madhav J