cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting Budget Amount (CJ30) to 100% of Planned Value

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a PS Budgeting requirement to setup a rule for the system to restrict the the creating a budget (CJ30) to the exact planned amount/percentage (100%) from the CJ20N. I have looked at the setting in OBMSG and OBA5 and done some setting which I thought should give me that restriction for eg.

I want to system to give me an error message if i enter 101% in CJ30 just like i get when I enter 99%

Inline image 1

Inline image 2

The issue is that when I test my settings, its as if nothing has changed.

I have also checked, I can control the message output for the normal error messages by changing them to warning etc and they work.

I dont know why this is not working. Please guide me on this.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Define Tolerance Limits in the customizing (project system --> cost --> budget) gives you the control to define multiple limits for budget profile in which each of the limits has its own message. for example, a warning if 90% of the budget has been costed and an error if 100% has been costed.

Yours

majid

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emeka,

i am not clear about your question. you want error message in CJ30 or something else? also your screenshot are not coming/visible.

I have a PS Budgeting requirement to setup a rule for the system to restrict the the creating a budget (CJ30) to the exact planned amount/percentage (100%) from the CJ20N. I have looked at the setting in OBMSG and OBA5 and done some setting which I thought should give me that restriction for eg.

I want to system to give me an error message if i enter 101% in CJ30 just like i get when I enter 99%

both are contradictory where you want message on 100% and 99% & 101%. so what will be the budget amount where system will not give any message.

please elaborate.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Majid and Sri,

I have dont have a problem with the setup for availabilty control. Have done the configurations and the system works correctly by not letting me exceed my released budget amount. My issue is at the point of creating the budget (cj30)

See below....

Hi Sunil,

1. Planned cost from project activities = $1000 (CJ20N)

2. Create Budget for Project Def.

a. Run CJ30 enter Project Def

b. Goto to edit, Copy view for Planned total which in this case is No.1 above

c. A pop-up comes up requesting you to either overwrite or add a percentage

d. I want to the system to give me an error message if I exceed 100% of the planned total as in           No.1 above

3.I have looked at the setting in OBMSG and OBA5 and done some setting which I thought should give me      that restriction i desire

4. Basically I want to put a restriction on 100% as the limit so that nobody can create a budget with an                  amount that exceeds the plan cost. I want to ensure that a project manager plans his  project properly            and does not depend on contingencies.

5. The budget release part works fine since you can not release more that you have budgted for.

Summary

On CJ30, I want the system to give me an error message when I enter the percentage 101% telling me that my planned total value is less than my Cummulative or budgeted amount.

Regards

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emeka,

i think you need to go for development. Please refer below User Exit for this if this can suffice your requirement.

UserExit

SAPLBPFC: Active availability control

EXIT_SAPLBPFC_001 User Exist: Define Mail Recipients

EXIT_SAPLBPFC_002 User-Exit: Specification of the Action for the Availability

this might be helpful.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emeka,

Go to SPRO-->Ref Img--> Investment Management-->Project as Investment Measures-->Planning & Budgeting-->Define Tolerance Limits for availability Control.

Assign your Usage,Abs variance to your CoArea and Planning Profile, System automatically throws a error.

Best Regards,
Sriramm