• added field “BVTYPE” to Table “BUT0BK” and
    appended the table structure,
  • generated table specific structure but still
    that is  not visible in UI,

further checking standard SAP content found below information,

Feeder class parameters for bank details,

Component –BUPA

Object name-BP_BankAccount

banking information fields are getting from this object so As I checked in BUPA enhancement to Object BP_BANKAccount(T-code-
genIL_model_browser) that newly added field is not available and existing structure
linked to bank details is ” BSS_BPIL_BANK_ACCOUNT” and entity table structure
is “/MDGBP/_S_BP_PP_BP_BKDTL”.

So let us know what step is required to get that new field added to UI,

Regards

Ajay

0 Kudos

ok,but you have to do ui enhancement .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

The field you added in data model will not be directly visible at UI.

You need to go to your required UI where feeder class is using your data model and there you will find your added field. from there you need to select it into UI.

Former Member

information for future users on this issue,

no need add that field in BP data model as this field BVTYP field in LFBK mapped to BKVID field in BUT0BK.

Filed in BUT0BK: BKVID (Bank Details ID)

Filed in LFBK: BVTYP (Partner Bank Type)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

subhronath_mukherjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Partner Bank Type is present in ECC but not in MDG data model.

Please ensure the below is happening.

1. BVTYPE  is present in the structure BSS_BPIL_BANK_ACCOUNT.

2. Generate the below structures once BVTYPE has been added in BP_BKDTL and data model activated.

3. Also if required check the field is getting properly mapped under the SMT mapping section

MDG_BS_BP_MAP_2STA and BP_BP_BKDTL_2API. In the process you ahve to ensure that the field needs to be present in the below structures

BUS_EI_BUPA_BANKDETAIL and MDG_BS_BP_BP_BKDTL for  MDG_BS_BP_MAP_2STA mapping step

BUS_EI_STRUC_BANKDETAIL, MDG_BS_BP_BP_BKDTL for BUS_EI_STRUC_BANKDETAIL mapping step

BUS_EI_STRUC_BANKDETAIL_X, MDG_BS_BP_BP_BKDTL_X for BUS_EI_STRUC_BANKDETAIL_X mapping step

Hope it will be resolved soon. Good luck!

Thanks,
Subhronath

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Subhronath for your response and below is my comment,

Partner Bank Type is present in ECC but not in MDG data model- correct BVTYP is not there in MDG-BUT0BK but same is exits under LFBK and KNBK

Please ensure the below is happening.

1. BVTYPE  is present in the structure BSS_BPIL_BANK_ACCOUNT- this Is the structure
    which is getting bank fields to UI but this field does not exit here so question is how to add that field to this table? I tried in sandbox adding that field to this table and append it
    then BVTYPE is available in UI under bank details feeder class)
  2. Generate the below structures once BVTYPE has been added in BP_BKDTL and data
    model activated- I did that and field exits under “/MDGBP/_S_BP_PP_BP_BKDTL” structure.

http://scn.sap.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-15889423-684152/450-251/Capture.PNG

3.Also if required check the field is getting properly mapped under the SMTmapping section

MDG_BS_BP_MAP_2STA and BP_BP_BKDTL_2API. In the process you have to ensure that the field needs to
be present in the below structures

When I tried to do SMT mapping I get below error and BVTYP is not showing under Field column but exist under source,

Structure BUS_EI_BUPA_BANKDETAIL does not contain field BVTYP

BUS_EI_BUPA_BANKDETAIL(does not exist here) and MDG_BS_BP_BP_BKDTL(field exits here) for MDG_BS_BP_MAP_2STA mapping step

BUS_EI_STRUC_BANKDETAIL((does not exist here), MDG_BS_BP_BP_BKDTL((field
exits here)
  for BUS_EI_STRUC_BANKDETAIL mapping step

BUS_EI_STRUC_BANKDETAIL_X(does not exist here),  MDG_BS_BP_BP_BKDTL_X (field exits here) for
BUS_EI_STRUC_BANKDETAIL_X mapping step

subhronath_mukherjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure the sequence is also correct.

1. Create an append structure for the BSS_BPIL_BANK_ACCOUNT and add the BVTYPE there. Then after you activate it come back and add the BVTYPE in the data model under mdgimg in BP_BKDTL and make sure there you are assigning the BVTYPE field in BSS_BPIL_BANK_ACCOUNT. Then activate the data model.

2. Come back and regenerate the structures as shown in the screenshot of my previous post.

3.Create an append structure for the BUS_EI_BUPA_BANKDETAIL and add BVTYPE

Create an append structure for the BUS_EI_STRUC_BANKDETAIL_X and add BVTYPE

4. Then only complete the SMT mapping.

Let me know how things turn out.

Thanks,
Subhronath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Subhronath,

i tried to append BUS_EI_BUPA_BANKDETAIL this but got below error looks,

Structure BUS_EI_STRUC_BANKDETAIL cannot be enhanced (creating new fields is not possible),

do we need to add that field under this structure or system or is there way to get that field automaticlly here,

Regards

Ajay

subhronath_mukherjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check, I am able to do it.

• Go to se11.
  • In the Data Type please give BUS_EI_BUPA_BANKDETAIL.
  • Within that you will see BUS_EI_STRUC_BANKDETAIL and BUS_EI_STRUC_BANKDETAIL_X.
  • Click on BUS_EI_STRUC_BANKDETAIL and then create the append structure.
  • Same for BUS_EI_STRUC_BANKDETAIL_X

See the below screenshot. I am able to enhance it by creating an append structure for a field for eg purpose to show you it can be done.

Lastly if you get the solution remember to mark the answer so that other's can also benefit and we can help each other out when needed.

Thanks,

Subhronath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can able to append but could not add any field to that append structure as that table category is "cannot be enhanced"

so can you check adding some field to append structure from your side?

subhronath_mukherjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Yes, I do see the same when I try to add a field in the append structure. Seems SAP does not support enhancing bank related structure. So in that case do the below:

1 First add the field in the DM, regenerate the structures - forget the SMT mappings

2. You should be having your custom handler class. In that save the bank data in the method: IF_MDG_BS_BP_ACCESS_HANDLER~MAP_DATA_2API - store it in the memory id - or any other abap technique you are aware of

3. Implement the BADI: CVI_CUSTOM_MAPPER - in the method: IF_EX_CVI_CUSTOM_MAPPER~MAP_BP_TO_VENDOR - read the bank data from memory id( or wherever you have stored ) - map the bank data to the changing paramter of : c_vendor-central_data-bankdetail-bankdetails. This completes the API mapping.

4. Now for STA mapping - fetch the data from the database table and map it in the method: GET_ENTITY_DATA of the feeder class: CL_BS_BP_GUIBB_BANK_ACCOUNTS - data needs to be fetched from the LFBK  table where the values will be stored in the custom fields.

I am no ABAP expert and hence cannot share you the code

Thanks,
Subhronath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

You can refer

SAP How-To Guide: Extend MDG-S Data Model by a New Field (Reuse Option)

Main steps are

1. Enhance Data Model may be as field or as as a entity type
  2. Save Data Model and then activate it
  3. Re generate structures
  4. Do SMT
  5. Do UI enhacement

Please follow all the steps correctly

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

Can you check if the newly added field/s are available in report  - USMD_DATA_MODEL, if not can you activate the your Data Model. If the fields are not available in the report then it mean that data model is inactive and Fields will not be available in UI for selection.

I not exactly sure if feeder class has to be updated for it, but mostly not and generating structures and SMT are mostly not required at this stage.

Regards,

Sai Charan.