SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVC during reversal of revenue entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have implmented the BCS part of FM. In that for revenue items the tolerance profile attached is for information only. So when any invoice is being made there is only information message and system does not stop for non availability of budget.

The issue is when I reverse the revenue system is stopping for the want of budget, how to resolve this? Shall tick on "inactive" indicator in front of Revenue items in tolerance profie?

Pleaes guide

Shailesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amarlal_lohano
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Shailesh,

since you do not want to activate AVC on revenue items (which is quite normal), define a tolerance profile which will allow execeeding of the budget and assign this profile to revenue commitment items via derivation strategy. Follow the steps below:

SPRO>IMG>PSM>Funds Management>Budget Control Systems>Availability Control>Settings for Availability Control Ledger>Define Derivation Strategy for Tolerance Profiles

There create a derivation rule with Source field POTYP - Commitment iIem Category and Target Field as TOLPROF. Save the rule

Now check your entry again. I hope this will serve the purpose.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

amarlal_lohano
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Shailesh,

since you do not want to activate AVC on revenue items (which is quite normal), define a tolerance profile which will allow execeeding of the budget and assign this profile to revenue commitment items via derivation strategy. Follow the steps below:

SPRO>IMG>PSM>Funds Management>Budget Control Systems>Availability Control>Settings for Availability Control Ledger>Define Derivation Strategy for Tolerance Profiles

There create a derivation rule with Source field POTYP - Commitment iIem Category and Target Field as TOLPROF. Save the rule

Now check your entry again. I hope this will serve the purpose.

0 Kudos

Thanks Amar,

At present, I have made revenue items as "Infomration message" and no separete profile is attached for the revenue items. This profile is working good for invocing of revenue that is when I bill customer and credit revenue GLs/Commitment Items. But in case when I want to reverse or want to debit revenue items I am getting AVC message.

Will the attaching separte profile and deriving it resolve this issue?

Regards

Shailesh A Joshi

0 Kudos

Dear Shailesh,

I have checked it in my client, the rule and settings are perfectly working and its not stopping the documents being posted both including initial revenue posting and its reversal. Can you share the screenshot of your Tolerance profile settings?

Regards,

Amar Lal

0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

Sharing the screen shot of the tolerance profile

Please advise, if I need to make another profile for revenue or need to make any changes in it..

Regards

Shailesh

0 Kudos

Dear Shailesh,

Your tolerance profile seems to be fine. You can set the indicator "Inactive" or in other case remove the revenue entries altogether since Normally the availability control checks only expenditures (for example, outgoing payments).

After performing the setting and saving it. Run the T-Code FMAVCREINIT. If it still doesn't work, follow the steps mentioned in my first reply and then again run this T-Code FMAVCREINIT to re-initialize the AVC Ledger.

I hope it will resolve the issue.

Regards,

Amar Lal

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have made profile inactive for revenue, but it is still giving me errror when I debit revenue GLs.  What could be the issue? In tolerance profile, I only get "Revenue (Incoming amount)" there is nothing like "Revnue (Outgoing amount)".

How would I post credit note to customers, where I will be debiting Revenue and Crediting customer?

Please advise

Regards

Shailesh A Joshi

0 Kudos

HI,

I have attached new profile for revenue and derived it in derivation rule, error still remains...

Please guide

Regards

Shailesh

0 Kudos

Dear Shailesh,

Well I just found the solution, which I performed on my client and its working fine. First you need to go through following IMG path:

SPRO>IMG>PSM>Funds Management>Budget Control Systems>Availability Control>Define Activation of Availability Control

There Give your FM Area and make sure you select the check "Ignore Revenue Items"

This will ignore the AVC check on revenue posting and their reversal posting altogether and will not give you any information message as well, which you have set in your tolerance profile.

However, if you still wish to receive the information message defined in tolerance profile, then simply uncheck the "Ignore Revenue Items" check and maintain a derivation strategy to override the revenue items profile as mentioned in reply 1 above. This will make sure you can post revenue and their reversal without any FM AVC error.

Also remember the derivation strategy mentioned in first reply relates to tolerance profiles and you must not mix it with FMDERIVE.

Regards,

Amar Lal

0 Kudos

HI, Amar,

Thanks for your time. issue resolved with the first solution given by you, I think there was some updation issue for tables, it updated very late. I tried today morning and revenue reversals are working perfect.

Thanks a million.

Shailesh