Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCH3

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Any report or table can show characteristic values in VCH3 (screen shot below)?

In the forum, BAPI_CLASS_GET_CHARACTERISTICS is mentioned to retrieve the characteristics. However, could some one instructs how to retrieve by using an example if it works?

Pls advise. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cat L

I believe that the transaction code CL30N will help in getting the characteristics values. Enter the Class and Class type, then retrieve the characteristics with values.

Hope this could help.

With Kind Regards,

Flavio

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio,

Thanks for your prompt reply. However, I need to run report or check table for a list of customers.

Any idea?

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

CL6A, CL6AN can also be used to get the characteristics & values used in a class.

Is there any else you would like to see in the report ?

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many thanks.

Does it mean the characteristic remains the same in class, no matter what customers? For example, there are 2 condition records of batch strategy maintained for 2 customers. As long as they use the same class, characteristic like remaining shelf life for batch should be the same.

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As long as it is the same class, the characteristics will be the same. Only the characteristic value will be different.

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks.

Need report or table to show characteristic values for a list of customers.

For example, there are multiple condition records of batch strategy for multiple customers (Tcode VCH3). I want to know what characteristic values are set in a specific characteristic for those customers. The fast way is to check report or table.

Pls help. Thanks.

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Let me clarify further. Pls help. Thanks.

Requirement: check what values are set in a specific characteristic of batch strategy for a list of customers (screen shot in my first thread).

Path for my screen shot: VCH3 -> selection criteria > values are set in characteristic.

0 Kudos

There is no standard report or transaction to do exactly what you want. You'll have to create a custom report to be able to access the desired information.

However, I can provide you the database tables.

The strategy information is saved in table KOTH***. I used "***" because the number depends on the fields selected. You'll have to check in SE16N to make sure which is the proper number for the combination of fields you want to access.

Then, you'll have to use field KNUMH to make a select in table KONDH table and find the class.

Finally, you'll have to use the CUOBJ_CH to find the connection between INOB and AUSP.

Additional information:

An easy way to find the exact KOTH** table for an specific scenario is do the following:
1. Access VCH3 and select the strategy.

2. Set a dynamic breakpoint using teh command "SELECT". Then, press F8 until you find the select with table KOTH***.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP Sales and Distribution (SAP SD) to SAP ERP PLM - Classification and Variant Configuration

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for Lakshmipathi's great help to move my thread to the right forum.