cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat file load for Inventory history data

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a scenario to load history data to inventory cube 0IC_C03 through a flat file.

Can we load CSV to inventory cube? If yes, will it disturb the BX, BF and UM loads?

Thanks,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

It is possible to have a DSO for Goods Movements and Revaluations. If you want to use the classic Inventory Management scenario (using non-cumulative key figures), then you cannot use a similar approach with Stock Initialization. This is normally also not necessary since such a Stock Initialization reflects the current situation, i.e. should be possible using ECC. This has to go directly to the Inventory InfoCube.

Please review SAP Note 581778 - ODS capability of extractors from inventory management and the related SAP Notes carefully for more information.

Best regards,

Sander

0 Kudos

Thanks Guys for your time. My question is, can we use a staging DSO, which will further map to 0IC_C03?

Is DSO can be used for Inventory loads as there are lot of Non Cumulative Keyfigures involved? 

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Guys!!! Any suggestion will be appreciated... 

fcorodriguezl
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Yes is possible, you can use a key 0DOC_NUM, 0DOC_ITEM, 0DOC_YEAR AND 0BWCOUNTER, in your transformation you need del unmap 0STORNO to 0RECORDMODE and use constant blank value in 0RECORDMODE. Check your keyfigure are OVR.

Luck.

Regards.

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravin,

Yes you can load a flatfile to 0IC_C03..If you want to know the data coming from your flatfile, you may add an object like ZTYPE and put a constant in the transformation like CSV..

Regards,

Loed

colm_boyle
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

why not create a further target infocube after 0IC_C03? i.e. 2 dataflows into this cube. It's a bit more work but at least you're guaranteed to have consistent data,

Colm

former_member186053
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I agree with Colm, If you create new data flow once, you can use it when ever you get this kind of requirement. Is you report built on Multiprovider, then it is easy to include this newly created cube.

Regards,

Vengal.